Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may recall sitting in front of your CRT television screen unknowingly watching the roots of a future social justice movement unfold before your eyes as a gang of European men magically appear deep within the Heart of Darkness wielding nets, superior numbers, and incredible brutality and snatch up a young and happy Kunta Kinte from his ancestral homeland.

The forthwith exposition can be considered a template for countering the unreasonable and fanciful woke dogma surrounding the realities of West African slavery and specifically, the false claims regarding Europe’s and America’s sole complicity in this industry. It is an attempt – described here in broken wokespeak – to deconstruct the prevailing narrative derived to aid and abet a People of Color aligned, non-binary, trans-supremacist heterarchy. Let us begin our journey of enlightenment.

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
1,899 Posts
I have not clicked your link, but it has always amazed me that the story never gets told about how the New England yankee slave traders who made immense profits by hauling slaves from Africa to the US South suddenly became anti-slavery fans when the US slave population became more or less self sustaining.

I.e., the slave birth rate in the US largely satisfied the South's need for slaves, and the lucrative yankee slave traders market declined.

Of course, a few slave traders still hauled slaves to the Caribbean Islands for a while.

And during the War of Northern Aggression old Abe Lincoln said:
---------------------------
My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. - August 22, 1862
---------------------------

Reactions: po boy

·
Registered
12,144 Posts
From the OP article....

"Today the dominance of the Ambundu peoples in the business, political, and military affairs of modern day Angola is directly traced to the business acumen, organizational skills, and operational efficiency that the Ambundu peoples’ developed during their 269 year monopoly over slave procurement in Angola"

and more....

"The woke ignore the 3,000+ freed African slaves who show up in the ante bellum US census who were granted manumission, inherited plantations from their former owners, and kept the slaves. No woke person ever admits that American Indians owned African slaves nor will they / them accept that slavery permeated Nahuatl culture even as they / them espouse the virtues of Greater Aztlán. And the woke will never accept that it was Europeans who eventually stamped out slavery within the Bantu cultural world despite it being the natural human condition there for centuries."

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
When I lived in Liberia I learned a few things about their history. After the Civil War, many former slaves were offered a ride back to Africa. Upon landing in Liberia, they were given a musket, lead and powder, and a few farming tools. The very first thing they did was round up as many of the local blacks as they could, and enslaved them. They put together huge plantations for tobacco and rubber. These original families became wealthy, and are the ruling political power in Liberia today.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Some of you may recall sitting in front of your CRT television screen unknowingly watching the roots of a future social justice movement unfold before your eyes as a gang of European men magically appear deep within the Heart of Darkness wielding nets, superior numbers, and incredible brutality and snatch up a young and happy Kunta Kinte from his ancestral homeland.

The forthwith exposition can be considered a template for countering the unreasonable and fanciful woke dogma surrounding the realities of West African slavery and specifically, the false claims regarding Europe’s and America’s sole complicity in this industry. It is an attempt – described here in broken wokespeak – to deconstruct the prevailing narrative derived to aid and abet a People of Color aligned, non-binary, trans-supremacist heterarchy. Let us begin our journey of enlightenment.

This is one of the reasons I enjoy coming to HT.

Thanks for this.

·
Registered
36,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had no idea that American progressives of their time provided so much fodder for Hitler and Nazi Germany

·
Registered
302 Posts

ok skimed read it. let me ask do you belive in slavery now in this place and time ? whats in the past we can not change.. what we decide now is the more important thing.. and as for zerohedge really?
  • Overall, we rate ZeroHedge an extreme right-biased conspiracy website based on the promotion of false/misleading/debunked information that routinely denigrates the left.
Bias Rating: RIGHT CONSPIRACY/PSEUDOSCIENCE
Factual Reporting: LOW
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY

come on its out of bulgaria even .. thats not in kansas my friend a good lie is one that is mostly the truth.

·
Registered
531 Posts
The left wing media calls the right wing media crazy/fake news/disinformation/etc.

The right wing media calls the left wing media crazy/fake news/disinformation/etc.

And idjits retreat to their safe place and only get the news from own tribe.

Don't be an idjit. CNN sucks, but if you don't get some news from there you will indeed miss half the news. Same with FOX.

I'm a student of history, and I see no factual inaccuracies in the OPs article.

Let's be adults and discuss the issues, not simply attack sources.

To answer your question - nobody believes that slavery is a good thing anymore (well, except for some slavery in North Africa). The world changed, in a big way, when our founding fathers declared that all men were created equal and had equal rights (not the right to equality, but to equal protections). It took a rough couple of wars and about a hundred years time to spread that idea around so it actually covered everyone, but eventually we did it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The left wing media calls the right wing media crazy/fake news/disinformation/etc.

The right wing media calls the left wing media crazy/fake news/disinformation/etc.

And idjits retreat to their safe place and only get the news from own tribe.

Don't be an idjit. CNN sucks, but if you don't get some news from there you will indeed miss half the news. Same with FOX.

I'm a student of history, and I see no factual inaccuracies in the OPs article.

Let's be adults and discuss the issues, not simply attack sources.

To answer your question - nobody believes that slavery is a good thing anymore (well, except for some slavery in North Africa). The world changed, in a big way, when our founding fathers declared that all men were created equal and had equal rights (not the right to equality, but to equal protections). It took a rough couple of wars and about a hundred years time to spread that idea around so it actually covered everyone, but eventually we did it.
thank you for a moment i was not sure i use several sites to double check things i do like ap reutors as for other they all lean one way or another so was kinda interested in why you chose this article on black and slavery it would be like me picking out one on the other side like its also bent one way.. my thought slavery bad and i did not do it.
so thanks for the reply just a old man sitting by himself in a old house.. happy thanksgiving.. oh wait now the indians
glad i did not do that one either.. mark

·
Registered
531 Posts
So, do you have any disagreements with the OPs article? Or just going to blindly run to your tribal publications?

Of course blacks in America are still affected by the history of slavery in America. One political party still treats them like they are unable to compete in a modern society without help. That's gotta be damaging. Add to that the damages done by that same political party up until just 69 years ago with segregation and Jim crow laws.

But let's not derail the OP. This was a factual article full of historical context.

·
Registered
302 Posts
So, do you have any disagreements with the OPs article? Or just going to blindly run to your tribal publications?

Of course blacks in America are still affected by the history of slavery in America. One political party still treats them like they are unable to compete in a modern society without help. That's gotta be damaging. Add to that the damages done by that same political party up until just 69 years ago with segregation and Jim crow laws.

But let's not derail the OP. This was a factual article full of historical context.
to be fair i would have to tear it apart piece by piece.. and like a said a good lie is very close to the truth. or a few items left out of the talk..
now as for zerohedge. its bent.. i dont like cnn its bent the last words on your post what the gell its Woke mean to you are you woke..? i mean if some one asked me i would say i dont know.. but you are pushing something here so spit it out.. half of this it true at least on the top read.

Epilogue

The woke will never mention the 800 years of an East African slave trade conducted by Arab merchants up and down the Indian Ocean coast. The woke won’t utter a word regarding present day slavery across the Sahel countries of Mauritania, Mali, Niger, Chad, and Sudan. One hears only silence from the woke when one mentions the “Systemic Ethniscism” that permeates every Bantu nation where wealth and power are concentrated into the hands of a dominant ethnic group.

The woke ignore the 3,000+ freed African slaves who show up in the ante bellum US census who were granted manumission, inherited plantations from their former owners, and kept the slaves. No woke person ever admits that American Indians owned African slaves nor will they / them accept that slavery permeated Nahuatl culture even as they / them espouse the virtues of Greater Aztlán. And the woke will never accept that it was Europeans who eventually stamped out slavery within the Bantu cultural world despite it being the natural human condition there for centuries.

And, most importantly, the woke will never acknowledge that all Americans are trapped in a nexus of corporate, bureaucratic, technological, and psychological control where the true “American Experience” has devolved into one where everyone is a slave serving invisible Masters. Until these Masters’ hands are removed from every lever of power and influence in our nation – by any means necessary – abstractions like “equality” and “equity” are nothing more than job promotions on the American plantation. The woke will never become unwoke because they love their servitude, it has opened the door for them to serve an irresponsible existence free of rationality, logic, true meaning in their existence. Through their wokeness, they have essentially been freed from Freedom – they can place no hope in death, and their blind lives are so abject that they are envious of every other fate. The world should let no fame of theirs endure; both true Justice and Compassion must disdain them.

One final comment about those 4,000 Moroccans at the Battle of Tondibi. The invading Moroccan army was commanded by a one Judar Pasha, but he was not always known by this name. Judar was born Diego de Guevara, an inhabitant of the Spanish region of Andalusia who as a boy was captured by Arab slave raiders, packed off in chains to Morocco, and sold into slavery to the Moroccan Sultan. And just like Kunta Kinte, Diego’s name got changed, but where Kunta Kinte had his foot cut off, Judar was castrated and forced to serve this foreign Sultan as a eunuch. But we will never see a TV miniseries where an Arab slave wrangler hangs one Diego de Guevara upside down by his ankles, thrashes him with a bull whip, and screams repeatedly, “Your name is not Diego, your name is Judar!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sooo.....you disagree with it because you don't like the website it was published on?
no i think it is a good read.. makes ya think and as long as you can know which why it leans then you are more informed.. even if i disagreaded with it its still free press.. and that says something.. might not last long.. and my idea is when you find one that leans one way go find another one that leans the other way.. here both sides then make up your mind.. not trying to ruffle feathers. tho well happy dead bird day.. and hope ya got family around to share it with.. mark

1 - 20 of 22 Posts