Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Really really nice.
The cabin looks a lot like what I envision someday using the gambrel roofed home depot type shed as a start.

AngieM2

U

·
0 Posts
If it were west coast i think i would buy it today. Anyone know if they can cut a permit to reside for life or a citizenship? can we be citizens of both nations ? I realy had my heart set on possum lodge thought maybe red green would be a pretty good neighbor.

·
In Remembrance
28,242 Posts
It is lovely. thanx for sharing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello FolioMark,

I just wanted to thank you for the comments about the 24 acres with self sufficient cabin. I have just received an offer for the property but I do have many others coming soon.

Always good to hear from you as well as all others here.

Gerry Mazerolle

·
CF, Classroom & Books Mod
9,934 Posts
Yeah -- but you'd have to live in New Brunswick. It's one of the most economically depressed provinces in Canada -- behind Quebec, and Newfoundland, oh...and Saskatchewan.

And we just won't mention the Territories.

Actually, Mark, there are a lot of absolutely beautiful, inexpensive homesteads/acreages in the Maritime provinces. The problem is, there are very few jobs. To see some properties there, really cheap, check out www.mls.ca

Tracy

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yup, Canada is a big place with relatively few people... lots of cheap space if you're willing to live 40 minutes from nowhere.

have fun,

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
I had ruled out Canada, but those pictures and the the others he had listed on his site are so beautiful and the prices can't be beat. I may be taking it under considerable contemplation.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gerry: Always glad to mention your site. You've had a bunch of places I'd love to own if I had a better relationship with winter weather, but snow and wheelchairs dont get on real well. :p But if I ever won the lottery, I'd think about a few canadian acres as a cool place to spend the summer.

Yeah its remote and maybe the jobs are lousy but if you are about to retire with a decent pension, Canadian land sure does give you a nice bang for your buck.
simple groceries and a good garden and the luck of the hunt and you could do alright. The scenery alone would do a lot to sustain body and soul.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts