A Beautiful Homestead in Canada

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by FolioMark, Aug 23, 2004.

1. FolioMark

FolioMark In Remembrance

illinois but i have a homestead building in missou
    Found this on a website and had to show it to you all. Id trade my citizenship and declare Calvin Coolidge as a Bolshevik for a place like this. ;) :p Take a look at what 45K will buy in Canada.

http://www.homesteadsforsale.com/sasseville.htm

2. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Really really nice.
    The cabin looks a lot like what I envision someday using the gambrel roofed home depot type shed as a start.

AngieM2

3. If it were west coast i think i would buy it today. Anyone know if they can cut a permit to reside for life or a citizenship? can we be citizens of both nations ? I realy had my heart set on possum lodge thought maybe red green would be a pretty good neighbor.

4. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

It is lovely. thanx for sharing.

5. jerneeon

jerneeon Well-Known Member

Oh, if I had money... :waa:

6. Gerry Mazerolle

Gerry Mazerolle Member

Hello FolioMark,

I just wanted to thank you for the comments about the 24 acres with self sufficient cabin. I have just received an offer for the property but I do have many others coming soon.

Always good to hear from you as well as all others here.

Gerry Mazerolle

7. Tracy Rimmer

Tracy Rimmer CF, Classroom & Books Mod Supporter

Yeah -- but you'd have to live in New Brunswick. It's one of the most economically depressed provinces in Canada -- behind Quebec, and Newfoundland, oh...and Saskatchewan.

And we just won't mention the Territories.

Actually, Mark, there are a lot of absolutely beautiful, inexpensive homesteads/acreages in the Maritime provinces. The problem is, there are very few jobs. To see some properties there, really cheap, check out www.mls.ca

Tracy

8. Janon

Janon 993cc Geo Metro

Yup, Canada is a big place with relatively few people... lots of cheap space if you're willing to live 40 minutes from nowhere.

have fun,

9. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

I had ruled out Canada, but those pictures and the the others he had listed on his site are so beautiful and the prices can't be beat. I may be taking it under considerable contemplation.

10. FolioMark

FolioMark In Remembrance

illinois but i have a homestead building in missou
    Gerry: Always glad to mention your site. You've had a bunch of places I'd love to own if I had a better relationship with winter weather, but snow and wheelchairs dont get on real well. :p But if I ever won the lottery, I'd think about a few canadian acres as a cool place to spend the summer.

Yeah its remote and maybe the jobs are lousy but if you are about to retire with a decent pension, Canadian land sure does give you a nice bang for your buck.
    simple groceries and a good garden and the luck of the hunt and you could do alright. The scenery alone would do a lot to sustain body and soul.