A barn made out of shipping containers

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by porboy298, Apr 5, 2005.

1. porboy298

porboy298 Well-Known Member

Help, somewhere on the net I ran into a link I thought was on a tractor web but
    I can't find it again. Anyway this gentleman took two shipping containers and used them for the outer wall supports and then had a leanto on each side for open storage. Part way done his wife tossed him out so he built his house on one
    side of the barn. There was 10 or more pages of his project and it was really nice. Has anybody ran into this article and if so where??
    Thanks
    Bill

2. rambler

rambler Well-Known Member Supporter

This story is at www.tractorbynet.com . My memory is 100% on that. I might even be the one who mentioned it here on this site some time ago.....

I believe it is in the 'projects' section, but not so sure. A big site to search through, but they keep the archives, so with enough time, you _will_ find it there.

Very interesting & well done project it was.

--->Paul

3. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

The only read disadvantage I see to these shipping containers is you almost have to have them placed on a prepared footer. I suspect if just set them on the ground they would be a bear to try to level.

4. Hip_Shot_Hanna

Hip_Shot_Hanna Well-Known Member

Old shiping containers are fantastic as barns/ tool sheds and buried they would make a great tornado shelter / root cellar ,they would be good if partialy buried as a nice cool workshop in the south , in Africa they weld the doors up and use them as water tanks ,

5. mikell

mikell Well-Known Member

6. porboy298

porboy298 Well-Known Member

Hey, Thanks for the links fellows. Have looked at them and enjoyed but the one
    rambler posted was the one I needed. Have found it and put it on my favorites
    so I don't run into this again. My favorites must be 4 ft long now. Everytime I do
    this I don't put them on a disk and my pc crashes and I lose everything.
    Regards
    Bill