Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill log in when I remember my password. til then I have a problem I hope someone can offer msome advice on. I have a 99 Chevy Suburban with soft brakes that makes a ssssssshhhh air escaping noise which sounds like it comes from under the brake peddal. I have plenty of fluid, no apparent leaks and vacuum hose seems solid into the booster. One weird thing, when I apply the brake idling in park, the engine rpm increases slightly(100rpm) and seems to cut out (miss some)?

any ideas?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
centexguy said:
Ill log in when I remember my password. til then I have a problem I hope someone can offer msome advice on. I have a 99 Chevy Suburban with soft brakes that makes a ssssssshhhh air escaping noise which sounds like it comes from under the brake peddal. I have plenty of fluid, no apparent leaks and vacuum hose seems solid into the booster. One weird thing, when I apply the brake idling in park, the engine rpm increases slightly(100rpm) and seems to cut out (miss some)?

any ideas?
me again, thanks for the responses. I was afraid that might be the problem. I changed one many years ago. As I recall it wasnt too fun or cheap. oh well, I guess Ill start on it tomorrow. thanks again.
btw how does applying to brake affect engine (the missing) ?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
centexguy said:
me again, thanks for the responses. I was afraid that might be the problem. I changed one many years ago. As I recall it wasnt too fun or cheap. oh well, I guess Ill start on it tomorrow. thanks again.
btw how does applying to brake affect engine (the missing) ?
me again. the busted diaphram causes a vacuum leak, right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm having a similar problem with the brakes on a 96 Silverado Pickup, except that my brake pedal is hard. I get the sound of air escaping when I press the brake pedal and my engine runs bad/misfires now. No leaks, plenty of fluid in reservior. I've bled the brakes, but that didn't help much. Please help!

wtipc

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
same problem only worse ,wtipc, and the same cure, that big pan like thing behind the master cylinder is busted, replacement is the only answer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts