977 Cat

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Ross, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Well I was off to check out that old crawler loader the other day and it is a 977 Cat loader 6 cyl. with a pup start. I think it has pedal steer, but brakes (not reversing ) steer for sure. I was showing it to a bud of mine who luvs this old iron, and I expect he'll buy it. (you should see the excavator he bought for $5k the bucket is big enough to stand in!) With numbers supplied it should cost $1700 but I think $1500 would secure it easily. Sorry no pics, my wife is off visiting and has the digi cam!

2. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

Ross, That is a lot of machine. I think you need to take it home! On a pedal steer the pedal has 2 positions. Partially in and the clutch releases and then a bit further in the brake activates. I am unfamiliar with your term regarding the (not reversing) in the statement " brakes (not reversing ) steer" . The 977 should have a powershift shift tranny.

3. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Well it either goes forward or back on both or one track. To turn you brake one side and the other powers around. As opposed to one side going forward and the other reversing to steer. I really gotta get some pictures but its out of my league to take home. If my buddy buys it I will be able to rent it cheap enough. He owes me for a pile of Jeep parts already.