'91 Mustang: I CAN SEE!

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Janis Sauncy, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Janis Sauncy

Janis Sauncy Well-Known Member

Just an update on my lighting problem on my Mustang, for those of you who were trying to help me!

The polish helped a little, but not enough. I was given a phone number by my mechanic of a guy who might be able to help me. I called him and he was able to order them for $75.00 each, which is half the price NAPA quoted me and also half what my mechanic quoted me. How this guy was able to get them at that price and my mechanic couldn't, I don't know.

My son and a friend put them in for me last night and oh....my.....God! What a difference!!! And it's wonderful! They do need a little "tweaking" as they seem to be kiind of pointing in wierd directions but we'll work on that today.

Thanks, all, for the suggestions.

2. Blu3duk

Blu3duk Well-Known Member

it is not hard to aim headlights on most rigs, park about 25 feet from the side of a building and turn the lights on and aadjust in accordance to what is written in this PDF File it has pictures for the reading impaired!!! and may not be the most accurate way or sophisticated way, but it is the way headlights have been aimed for generations by some old time shadetree mechanix.

William

3. Janis Sauncy

Janis Sauncy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! I had to take my sixth-grader to an event last night in the town around 30 miles away. It started at 8:00 and ended at 10:00 and what a difference my new headlights made! I hadn't know just how bad they were because the only time, prior to just recently, that I had to drive the car in the dark has been on the way to work. My commute is 12 miles of country highway and at 4:15 in the morning, I didn't encounter many problems with oncoming headlights. It wasn't until the days started getting shorter and I found myself on the road more at night (usually transporting kids and friends to and fro) that I knew I had a problem. And, I didn't know just how bad the problem was until I drove with the new ones!

Now, when I make the four trips a month up the pass highway so my ex can have his visitation, I will be able to see all the elk that are all over the highway!