'88 bronco 2

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by TexasArtist, Oct 15, 2006.

1. TexasArtist

TexasArtist Well-Known Member

Anybody here have one? I just got one and it has a 6 cylinder engine. How do I find out it's towing capacity? I'd like to pull a small trailer sometimes. Not for horses but for a bit of firewood or some goat feed or hay.

2. WanderingOak

WanderingOak Well-Known Member

You might be able to find it inside the drivers door, on either a plate or a sticker.

3. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member Supporter

Try googling towing capacities for that mode.

We used to have and '85 Bronco ll and I loved it. Only thing I didn't like about it was having to get out to let someone in the back seat from the passenger side.

4. carly

carly on winged flight...

Me too!! Sure do miss that thing! Had it for ten years.

5. melina

melina Well-Known Member

Best little car (?)I've ever had. Ours is still going strong with only minor regular maintenance. Heaviest thing we've towed is our log splitter, but DH says it would tow a small trailer loaded with some hay or a small load of firewood. I don't like the backseat situation, either. We have had the seats down for the last 7 years and always use the back for hauling. We plan to drive it until it falls apart, then sell it for parts.

6. TexasArtist

TexasArtist Well-Known Member

Thanks folks. It's in town right now at a freinds house so he can look it over for me. It used to live on a big ranch with a lady that basically used to to putt putt to town for groceries and such.
    Since it's just me I was wondering about taking the back seat out and I was going to look around a junk for one of those big plastic liners out of a small pick up cut it to size and that way it will catch any spills or wood chips. I'll take a look at the door panel when I'm town on weds.