Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by moopups, Oct 28, 2004.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    By Monday we should be over 8,000 strong, justa bit different than when it was a few hundred back at Lucenet. Who all remembers? We used real names back then, there were few trolls, minimal bells and whistles. Lets chime in if you have been here since Luscent. DING!

2. bare

bare Head Muderator

Been here long enough to remember that one of the major reasons we are here instead of the unreliable lusnet, is because of trolls.

3. tammy from wv

tammy from wv Well-Known Member

I've been here since lusenet. I enjoy visiting this site everyday. I don't post much but love to read what everybody else posts. I have learned a lot from everyone.

4. Tracy Rimmer

Tracy Rimmer CF, Classroom & Books Mod Supporter

5. SteveD(TX)

SteveD(TX) Well-Known Member

CHIME

Was at the old lusenet site for a couple of years before this one came about. Same name, too. Guess I should change it to something more incognito.

6. diane

diane Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing Steve.......same name....there and here.

7. bumpus

bumpus Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about the lusenet site but I will say:

WELCOME TO ALL
    WHO ARE MEMBERS AND GUESTS,
    AND THOSE WHO ARE FIRST TIME LOOKERS
    MERRY CHRISTMAS ! ! !

8. bluetick

bluetick Well-Known Member

9. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

Yes, I was at Lusenet too. Came over here as cyngbeld, moved to a place in the mountains for a couple of years and had no internet. When I came back on line with my move to OK from CO I couldn't remember my password. :eek: So I tweaked the spelling a little.

10. RedneckWoman

RedneckWoman Well-Known Member

I've lurked since then, does that count? I had a different name back then but never posted.

11. Jan in CO

Jan in CO Well-Known Member Supporter

Ka-ching! Sure do miss some of those folks from the old site, but I enjoy reading the posts of those who are here, now, too. Jan in CO--now as then.

12. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

I am very new to this forum, and forums in general. I haven't been around forums other than this one.

So, enjoy my ignorance, have a good laugh, or a real knee slapper. What is a "troll?" It must be someone who upsets the forum, or something like that, right? It seems like a negative term.

Any way sure am glad this forum is here, the way it is now. And whatever it took to get it like it is - is much appreciated by me, and I am sure many others.

Thanks to all involved.

Alex (my real name - is that bad?)

13. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I was on the Greenspun/Lusenet site as well. There always seemed to be trolls. I went unnamed for a long time and then took a name (my e-mail at the time) and now have yet another.

I was even a member of Beyond the Sidewalks there.

This site is working out pretty nicely frankly.

14. Debbie in MO

Debbie in MO Active Member

DING DING! Mostly fond memories. Bad trolls at times, but loveable trolls too (remember,,,,,stan?,,,) Love this site but am mostly a lurker like before!

15. countrygrrrl

countrygrrrl PITA

Trolls are people who like to hang around internet forums and cause trouble. They come in a lot of different forms --- some are hit and run, some weave long complex tear-jerking stories just to get everyone in a tizzy, some hang around for months at a time just to get things going, etc etc.

I've been part of a hound doggie forum for years now but, other than that, HT is really about the first forum I hung around at. I've been here in several different incarnations, being an easily bored type ( :haha: ). However, unlike some people, I've never quite gotten the internet forum mania thing going. I go to my hound doggie forum the most --- I hang around here --- and I frequent a couple of blogs. I doubt I ever get too involved with many more forums, esp. as I'm decreasing my internet time more and more. Although I'm currently fighting a major addiction to Dave's Garden Forum. :D

16. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

Ding! Was on Lusenet with same name. Jumped here quickly in order to get first dibs at it again.

:)

17. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate Supporter

I was at the Greenspun/Lusenet forum and thru to this one. Just never posted much over there. Same name there as here.

AngieM2

18. bubbba

bubbba Well-Known Member

i been around since the old place. Long time lurker just joined up awhile ago.
    Great place great people.

19. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back

I've been around long enough to get a few people cranky with me & long enough to know I've found home :D

20. jassytoo

jassytoo Well-Known Member Supporter

Ding, ding. I was there too but used my real name. For some reason it didn't work on this site.