Homesteading Forum banner

4K views 71 replies 65 participants last post by  Thumper/inOkla. 
#1 ·
By Monday we should be over 8,000 strong, justa bit different than when it was a few hundred back at Lucenet. Who all remembers? We used real names back then, there were few trolls, minimal bells and whistles. Lets chime in if you have been here since Luscent. DING!

#2 ·
Been here long enough to remember that one of the major reasons we are here instead of the unreliable lusnet, is because of trolls.

#7 ·
I don't know anything about the lusenet site but I will say:

WELCOME TO ALL
WHO ARE MEMBERS AND GUESTS,
AND THOSE WHO ARE FIRST TIME LOOKERS
MERRY CHRISTMAS ! ! !

#9 ·
Yes, I was at Lusenet too. Came over here as cyngbeld, moved to a place in the mountains for a couple of years and had no internet. When I came back on line with my move to OK from CO I couldn't remember my password. :eek: So I tweaked the spelling a little.

#12 ·
I am very new to this forum, and forums in general. I haven't been around forums other than this one.

So, enjoy my ignorance, have a good laugh, or a real knee slapper. What is a "troll?" It must be someone who upsets the forum, or something like that, right? It seems like a negative term.

Any way sure am glad this forum is here, the way it is now. And whatever it took to get it like it is - is much appreciated by me, and I am sure many others.

Thanks to all involved.

Alex (my real name - is that bad?)

#13 ·
I was on the Greenspun/Lusenet site as well. There always seemed to be trolls. I went unnamed for a long time and then took a name (my e-mail at the time) and now have yet another.

I was even a member of Beyond the Sidewalks there.

This site is working out pretty nicely frankly.

#15 ·
Alex said:
I am very new to this forum, and forums in general. I haven't been around forums other than this one.

So, enjoy my ignorance, have a good laugh, or a real knee slapper. What is a "troll?" It must be someone who upsets the forum, or something like that, right? It seems like a negative term.
Trolls are people who like to hang around internet forums and cause trouble. They come in a lot of different forms --- some are hit and run, some weave long complex tear-jerking stories just to get everyone in a tizzy, some hang around for months at a time just to get things going, etc etc.

I've been part of a hound doggie forum for years now but, other than that, HT is really about the first forum I hung around at. I've been here in several different incarnations, being an easily bored type ( :haha: ). However, unlike some people, I've never quite gotten the internet forum mania thing going. I go to my hound doggie forum the most --- I hang around here --- and I frequent a couple of blogs. I doubt I ever get too involved with many more forums, esp. as I'm decreasing my internet time more and more. Although I'm currently fighting a major addiction to Dave's Garden Forum. :D

#21 ·
Yep, I was on Lusenet also. When it was the Countryside forum. My username was Steve in SW WI. I think. Anyway, we lived in Wisconsin then.

I think I became member #20 and my wife, Neva, was #21 on this new forum as of May 9, 2002. Was glad to see that Chuck archived all the stuff from the old forum. This format is much, much better. We don't post that much, but we learn alot!

#23 ·
Same name as when we were on Lusenet. I like this forum much better.

Stacy in NY

#24 ·
DING DING DING. There were only 100 folks back then. Same name for me too. It's been 5 years since I got my computer in 99, and started on the Countryside forum. Remember how freaky all that Y2K stuff was in the 99 issues of Countryside. I remember that I was NOT ready for the power to go out. I remember when I went up to the North American in Louisville years ago, and found the Gemini Goats sign and found Bernie, and said "I'm Cindy in KY!"

And I was soooo excited to have Ken use the pics of my cows in the Countryside issue with raising dairy cows for beef. Way cool. I had gotten Countryside like 10 years I think, and then, poof, just email pics.

I have learned soooo much on the forum, especially all the meds & wormers for the animals, stuff you'd never learn from the vets. And how to fix my roof. I think it was you, Moopups, who said to paint my metal roof with the cheap black goo, and you know what, it worked! This place is a living Homesteading encyclopedia. ;)

Thanks Vicki, Bernie, Diane, Ken & EVERYONE, love ya and wouldn't wanna be without ya all.

#26 ·
I was there as c3ranch but we sold the 9 acres so I went to Ozarkgal we bought a small 23 acre farm and we call it singhopper ( lots of singing bugs!!) but I didn't want to change my name again. I don't post much but I am in here at least 3 times a day reading and feel like I know everyone :) this and back yard birds is my fav. message boards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.