53 pediatric flu deaths so far...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Irish Pixie, Feb 2, 2018.

1. hardrock

hardrock Well-Known Member

Yes, YH, not gonna post the article, but an "Avid Hunter Looses Both Feet And 9 Fingers" from complications from the flu. Seems every strain attacks different age groups, and different aspects that makes them unique. This one is bad. We didn't get the flu shot and we're staying at the end of that long, dirt road.

2. spud

spud Well-Known Member

Doctors are well aware of this. Most all these patients have an underlying problem known or unknown. The problem is the person's body quickly decompensate's which doctors have no control over. The interventions are just supportive. We tend to believe medicine and modern practices can overcome poor health or underlying health conditions.

This North Texas man sounds like he had no underlying health problems, looks relatively young. He looks like he could have sleep apnea. People with sleep apnea are at his risk for decompensation from the flu. His loss of limbs is due to loss of blood pressure and fluid flow to distal extremities. It takes a tremendous amount of fluid 10 to 20 liters in some cases, to refill dilated blood vessels from an infection. Medications like levophed also constrict blood vessels which protect blood flow to vital organs but decrease flow to hands and feet. Med's like this used without the large amounts of fluid to refill blood vessels contribute to loss of limbs in these patients.

3. MoonRiver

MoonRiver SM Entrepreneuraholic Supporter

So you're saying that with the huge numbers of flu victims flooding doctor's offices and emergency rooms, that doctors are taking the time to do a thorough examination of each patient to ensure they are not showing symptoms of sepsis or pneumonia? And that they are giving flu patients clear instructions about what to do if they observe sepsis or pneumonia symptoms upon returning home, as well as a fact sheet of sepsis and pneumonia symptoms?

4. MoonRiver

From https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...outside-high-risk-groups-dying-flu/326789002/
    Until I see documentation to the contrary, I believe the medical community is not doing everything they should be doing to advise the public about the dangers of secondary diseases of the flu.

5. MoonRiver

[​IMG]
    USAToday

As I posted earlier, we keep hearing this is the worst flu season in years, but the stats don't seem to agree.

6. Irish Pixie

Irish Pixie Well-Known Member

Trying to educate some people, especially those that think Mercola and naturalnews are a real medical sites, is like trying to teach a pig to sing...

It's enough to let rational people know what's going on and to point them in the right direction. :)

7. Irish Pixie

You conveniently left off the narrative, I'm sure it was accidental.

"In the most recent week data were available, 10% of deaths in the nation were from influenza and pneumonia. The agency does not keep an exact count of adult flu deaths but closely tracks child deaths. In the previous severe flu season, in 2014-2015, 148 children died.

This flu season is more than 11 weeks old, and the average flu season lasts 16 weeks, though some go for as long as 20 weeks.

More details from the latest report:

• Since this flu season started, Americans have been hospitalized for the illness at a rate of 59.9 per 100,000 people — the highest rate recorded by this point in a recent flu season and a level not reached until the end of the previous severe season, 2014-2015.

• Hospitalization rates remained unusually high among adults ages 50 to 64, a group typically less likely to get seriously ill than the very young and very old.

• 7.7% of visits to health care providers in the week ending Feb. 3 were for flu-like illnesses, a weekly intensity level matching that in the swine flu pandemic of 2009."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/02/09/flu-season-deaths-increase/322928002/

8. spud

spud Well-Known Member

Sepsis and pneumonia come after a poor response to the flu. A poor response to the flu is shortness of breath, extreme fever, lethargy. Respiratory distress that requires mechanical ventilation is a severe poor response that no one can predict unless it has happened in the past.
    As a nurse that has worked in a Medical ICU for the past 14 years, I repeat, I have yet see one patient on a mechanical ventilator from the flu that didn't have another health condition.
    For example, one family of four all got the flu, the dad, who was a big guy, about 350 in his thirties was the only one that ended up in the hospital. He had no medical history expect for being obese. When he got the flu, his respiratory distress was so severe that he needed the breathing tube and mechanical ventilation. He also was in sick long enough on the vent that he needed a trach. So ya see, being obese caused some kind of change in his lungs(likely pulmonary hypertension) that was not diagnosed. A person's severe symptoms that present themselves will let the truth be know.
    FYI, I don't believe in the flu shot, never had one my entire life and yet to have a severe reaction to the flu. There are auto-immune reactions that get little publicity (no surprise there) from vaccines that put you at risk for severe reaction to the flu. Here is an article from the Journal of Immunotherapy that discusses that.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25428645

9. spud

spud Well-Known Member

I keep an open mind on what consists of real medical knowledge that I value and respect. For example, the AMA and all major dietary agency's have touted a high carb low saturated fat diet since the sixties. This info was wrong, way wrong and Ancel Keyes the major player who promoted it back then had ties to big ag and his research was inaccurate and fraudulent to boot. Dr Weston Price, a dentist who did simple observation of people when he traveled the world to research nutrition. His results have stood the test of time and are more relevant than ever.
    I find very little to argue with Dr Mercola's view, except that no one wants to spend the money on the scientific research to validate it. Does that make it wrong? I think not, for centuries, cultures have learned many ways to treat and cure different problems that they came across.

10. MoonRiver

I didn't leave off anything. I linked to the article which is the proper way to reference copyrighted material.

There was nothing in the article that refuted the points I raised. It may turn out that this is the worst flu season in many years, but so far it isn't even close.

Mercola interviews some of the top medical researchers in the world. Sites like Mercola are where new research is disseminated years before it reaches the general public. Most practicing MDs spend very little time reading medical studies and are years behind current research. For example, several doctors are successfully treating Alzheimers, but ask 100 doctors how to treat it and see what they say. I bet most will name a drug(s), even though there is no drug that cures Alzheimers.

11. HeavyHauler

HeavyHauler Well-Known Member

My little brother was killed in a head on collision with a semi. Cause of death? The semi plowed into him.

Pretty diagnosis-able.

Whether he had the flu or pneumonia is irrelevant.

12. Irish Pixie

I'm sorry for your loss.

Your brother did not die from a "car crash", your brother died due to the medical injuries sustained in said car crash. More understandable? No? Google "diagnosis", or not. It's all up to you if you truly want to be educated.

13. Irish Pixie

https://www.google.com/search?q=CDC...me..69i57j0.5088j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

14. Irish Pixie

I thought due to your medical background you'd understand what Mercola is. My mistake, sorry.

15. Yvonne's hubby

Yvonne's hubby Murphy was an optimist ;) Staff Member

Their are any number of drugs that will "cure" Alzheimer's..... Unfortunately they kill the patient in the process.

16. spud

spud Well-Known Member

No need to be sorry, I'm a big boy:)

17. Lisa in WA

Lisa in WA Formerly LisainN.Idaho Supporter

A few things about the anti vax quack “researchers” in the link for which we only see the abstract and nothing peer reviewed.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/tag/lucija-tomljenovic/

https://sciblogs.co.nz/diplomaticim...scientific-garbage-from-tomljenovic-and-shaw/

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/lif...e-studies-discredited-by-who/article23302328/

Irish Pixie likes this.
  18. keenataz

keenataz Well-Known Member

It's a losing fight. Anti vaxxers just won't be convinced and that is their choice. Don't likeit and don't agree with it, but I have given up the fight.

They would rather believe info from websites that are trying to sell them something, rather AMA or Mayo Clinic.

Of of course they will believe : My best friends sister's cousin's hairdresser had a baby who got vaccinated at 2 months and was never the same".

Irish Pixie and Lisa in WA like this.
  19. MoonRiver

To the best of my knowledge, there are no drugs that cure Alzheimer's. Could you name 1 or 2?

Yvonne's hubby likes this.
  20. Yvonne's hubby

Yvonne's hubby Murphy was an optimist ;) Staff Member

Heroine... Arsenic.... Vinegar.... Salt.... Nicotine sulphate.... Lye.... Any number of things taken in large enough doses will absolutely stop Alzheimer's in it tracks. The unfortunate side affect being that in those doses they also kill the patient.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 2:54 PM