Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,427 Posts
I do lots of fun, but do they have them in Hawaii and road island will be a challenge to hunt will it not I am sure they have plenty of squirrel but not a lot of hunting ground.

them some expensive squirrel at what about 40 dollars a state just in tags

if you make your way back through Wisconsin a bunch of places open up when you use steel shot , all the water fowl production areas are now steel only even for squirrel one of the local shops carries #6 steel actually saw some at walmart the other day also

·
Super Moderator
9,427 Posts
wait i just looked it up 55 dollars for a non resident small game ouch , oh well that's how we pay for those nice parking lots and all that public land to hunt on.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, but that's about the price of a round of golf and infinitely more fun. Hawaii might be tough, might have to slip a squirrel in my pants past TSA. That pat down would be funny!

·
Super Moderator
9,427 Posts
I suppose it is I don't play golf

we have been squirrel trapping of late , working property to close to town to shoot , getting them in small live traps then dispatch and clean this area is thick with squirrel with no predators and lots of trees , away from town the hawks seem to keep them thinned out

the kids like it

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
Ha.. .How cool... not only your hunting adventure, but I used to do a LOT of fishing at Baldwin lake.. Even better fishing at the spillway at Carlyle Lake, where the Kaskaskia flows from it.. Pulled out a 38lb cat from there one day..

I also shot a lot of squirrels in Illinois... one of my favorite to hunt animals...

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
Good luck on the remaining 47!
Speaking of squirrels, some get really big and can bug the heck out of deer hunters.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZJ9-YMfBX8&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Some states the meat is a bit to desire with their diet of Pine Cones :yuck:

big rockpile

Reactions: arcticow

·
Registered
410 Posts
Forget the price tag that will come with this squirrel season. Years from now those young'uns will never forget this. Hey you remember when we were kids and dad took us squirrel hunting and we went to all 50 states? Good times. Good job dad and good luck.

Reactions: jarett

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
Sounds like a good goal to me. Do you eat the red squirrels? Around here they are a pest that drive off the greys.

·
Premium Member
15,959 Posts
Have you tallied up the cost of 49 non-resident licenses?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you tallied up the cost of 49 non-resident licenses?
No, and I would appreciate for the sanctity of my marriage we just keep this aspect quiet!

But really, if you consider how much a round of golf is, not that I'm a golfer, its not any more. From 50-120 bucks, depending on the state. What does bother me, are the states that don't offer a short term license. Like a 3-5 day license for small game. Seems like overkill to hunt for a couple days and have to pay for the season.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts