4th Annual Homesteaders Fall Campout on the Buffalo River

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by MarleneS, May 16, 2006.

1. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

The 4th Annual Homesteaders Fall Campout on the Buffalo River will be as follows:

When: September 8th, 9th, and 10th, 2006
    Where: Steele Creek Campgrounds on the Buffalo River
    Near Ponca, Arkansas
    Fees: $3.00 per night per person (unless verified otherwise will post)

Water and bathrooms available at camp grounds. Public showers available at Ponca.

Some sites set up for those who wish to bring horses on the first come first serve bases.

Hope to see you there,

Marlene

2. Dec429

Dec429 Well-Known Member

Marlene,

Dennis and I will be the first to say "We will be there"!!! :dance:

Don

3. okgoatgal2

okgoatgal2 Well-Known Member

oooo, let me be second :)
    us'n's'll be there :)

4. mamabear

mamabear Well-Known Member

I didn't get to make this last one and I'd love to make it for the fall version. If we can both get off work and head that way, our place in AR is only five miles from there. :dance:
    I'd love to meet y'all.
    mamabear

5. rannie

rannie Well-Known Member

looking forward to being with everyone again!

6. Obser

Obser "Mobile Homesteaders"

Count us in unless our travels have taken us far away.

7. MTNwomanAR

MTNwomanAR Well-Known Member

Now Marlene, you KNOW that I'll be there....else who will you ride with??? :) Sides, maybe you will be able to stay all weekend this time...I hope so anyway...and maybe Phoenix, and I will both feel better too....
    Phoenix is actually staying outside tonight for the first time since before the picnic...and his eyes are very much brighter than they were at the picnic.....so he's doing better too...........
    Looking forward to this.....as usual............ :)

8. MTNwomanAR

BTW-I forgot that we collected enough money to pay for....let me see....well...anyway...we collected enough to pay for several people to camp for two nights.....I'll have to think about it...Marlene knows how much we got..... :)

9. MarleneS

Off to a great start already!

I was thinking, since there are no reserved spots at Steele Creek, I was wondering if I need to make plans to go down the Thursday night and set up a tent or two? Maybe I can talk nephew Trent into going with me after we get out animals put up for the night....we've got lots of time to plan.

Here's my list so far:

Dec429/Don and Westwood/Dennis
    okgoatgal/Laura & posifour/Russell - 4 children
    mamabear and hubby (if they can get off work)
    rannie/Tina and family (3)
    Obser/Dave and Annie (unless far far away)
    MTNwomanAR/LaDonna and her wonder dog Phoenix
    MarleneS and FourDeuce/Noah

Hopefully, the river will still be warm enough for people who wish to get in it.

Hugs
    Marlene

10. bostonlesley

bostonlesley Guest

This sounds sooooooooooooo exciting..Lord willing and the proverbial creek "don't rise", I'll be there too. :)

11. MarleneS

Those Planning on, or Hoping to be there:

Dec429/Don and Westwood/Dennis
    okgoatgal/Laura & posifour/Russell - 4 children
    mamabear and hubby (if they can get off work)
    rannie/Tina and family (3)
    Obser/Dave and Annie (unless far far away)
    MTNwomanAR/LaDonna and her wonder dog Phoenix
    MarleneS and FourDeuce/Noah
    BostonLesley (Lord willing and no raising creeks)
    TanaMc (highly interested...nag fact finding mission etc.)
    Frenchy (if at all possible)

12. MarleneS

BostonLesley - please let son, Scott, know also -- He said he would like to be at the next one. Tell him we'll do crepes` :)

Hugs
    Marlene

13. Tana Mc

Tana Mc Well-Known Member Supporter

I am looking at this with real interest. My ladies trailriding club was wondering if this would be a good place for a group trail ride. We might have to load up a couple of nags and do a fact finding mission.....
    Tana Mc

14. Frenchy

Frenchy Wrangler's Roost

I am planning on being there if at all possible an everything is going good here ........... I lived for close to 6 years within 3 miles of steel creek an went down there nearly every week in the summer great place ...........also be sure to mention the Elk Education Center in Ponca excellant place to see an great folks working there for those of you who don't want to stay in a tent there is cabins available in Ponca area an also a guest ranch not more than couple miles from the camp site Horseshoe Canyon Guest Ranch just some options for folks who might want other than a tent site ................if anyone is interested in any of these options I can get you more info an phone numbers just holler at me .................:cowboy:

15. MTNwomanAR

Tana, if ya get to bring a nag or two...I may have to bum a ride??? :) I still have both my english and western[show saddle, lots of silver] saddles, buried somewhere in the back of my trailer.................. Leslie, I sure hope you and Scott get to be there.....

16. bostonlesley

bostonlesley Guest

Thanks Marlene & LaDonna..
    Scott's coming over tomorrow for a visit, so I'll mention it to him then..the lure of camping, great company, crepes and possibly horses..I'll be surprised if he doesn't just go down there immediately.. :)

17. MarleneS

Seeing Elk might be an added bonus don't you think? Thanks for the input Frenchy...I doubt anyone is going to be disappointed in the camp location for this one.

TanaMc -- did you see the post where I got to see a skunk at Tyler Bend? I really thought of you when that happened. Think I should explain the connection between seeing skunks and thinking of you or just let those who don't know the skunk story wonder?

Hugs
    marlene

18. Tana Mc

Tana Mc Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep Marlene! I saw the post about the skunk.... finally someone besides me and Dennis! An explaination might be in order! On the first camp out, I must have seen at least a half a dozen skunks but no one else did.

Tana Mc

19. mamabear

mamabear Well-Known Member

Hi Tana Mc,
    There is a nice horse camp at Steel Creek. They have individual sites for the trailers with a run line to hook the horses too. The trails are spectacular too.
    mamabear

20. MarleneS

Yesterday we went on an Herb walk at "the Center for Soulful Living", near Eureka Springs,. It was extremely educational. The lady who hosted the walk , D. Charlo Vogt, Naturopath, is giving classes on Saturdays this summer at North Ark. She is currently living near St. Joe. If enough people are interested to make it worth her while, I was thinking she would be great to have at the fall campout to give us a class in herb medicine making. I think I'll just invite her to come spend the campout with us.

I was very excited to learn that most of the wild herbs she showed us and explained what they where medically good for are growing on our property. See, there are wonderful advantages to just letting everything remain wild.

If anyone is interested in learning more about Meditation, Esoteric Psychology and Healing, or would have any use for an Outdoor Meditation Sanctuay - The Center for Soulful Living offers all. It is open for public use and they invite particiation it it's development. It's an intentional living community for those who have an interest in learning more about that aspect. The current members there relocated from Arizona and have been together for a little over 10 years.

mamabear, thanks for the input about the nice set-up for the horses and their owners at Steele Creek. I'm not a horse owner but it sure looked like a great place to have horses and their owners be happy campers.

Hugs
    marlene