Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our HF TO 20 needs some work on the engine. It was making a rattling sound and then oil came through the blowby. Will it need a complete overhaul or just sleeves and rings? Any estimates would be appreciated. I love this little tractor cause of the dual hydraulic loader and the blade for the 3-point.

·
agmantoo
10,852 Posts
A visual inspection when you remove the head will be your best indicator as to the amount of work to be done.

·
Registered
250 Posts
My tractor - also a '48 TO20 - was rattling and had no power three years ago. Had it completely overhauled for $1200 labor plus whatever the overhaul kit cost. Worth every bit of it!

·
Registered
72 Posts
landlord said:
Our HF TO 20 needs some work on the engine. It was making a rattling sound and then oil came through the blowby. Will it need a complete overhaul or just sleeves and rings? Any estimates would be appreciated. I love this little tractor cause of the dual hydraulic loader and the blade for the 3-point.
About 2 years ago we did a complete top end job on the TO30,rings and cylinders where in good shape so we didn't pull the lower end.Replaced the valves and seals,and repaired a crack in the water jacket.The total cost for this was around $300.This tractor is pretty easy to work on and parts are still not hard to find,at least around here....................................

1 - 4 of 4 Posts