Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The American people have barely recovered from the Leinenkugel beer spill that struck Interstate 94 last month. Now, just in time for the holidays, we’ve got another highway coated in booze: last Wednesday, a semi transporting $400,000 worth of Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey overturned as the driver entered a Tennessee interstate.

The Murfreesboro Police Department shared the news in a Facebook post. Per the post, the load of whiskey was picked up in Lynchburg, Tennessee, and was heading to Nashville for shipping. The truck overturned as the driver turned onto the interstate; however, the whiskey didn’t actually start leaking until the trailer was being pulled upright by a wrecker. At that point, the truck sprang a leak. (It appears that the product hadn’t yet been packaged in bottles; it was being shipped in liquid bulk, which likely led to the catastrophic nature of the spill.)

As with any overturned truck incident—and we’ve reported on many—there’s good news and bad news here. The good news is that the truck driver was not injured, although I’d imagine that the driver was heartily embarrassed after tippin’ over that load. The bad news is that no locals were around to lap the product off the pavement, creating whiskey waste of epic proportions.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/400k-worth-of-jack-daniel-s-flooded-a-tennessee-highway/ar-AAR5Xo1?ocid=msedgntp

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once the trailer was upright and the leak was started/began, I imagine work came to a bit of a halt.
I don't understand why they didn't try to pump out the tanker before they attempted to stand it back up.

·
Saltine American
7,197 Posts
I don't understand why they didn't try to pump out the tanker before they attempted to stand it back up.
Didn't have enough ice and dixie cups or time to set up sobriety checkpoints.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't have enough ice and dixie cups or time to set up sobriety checkpoints.

I wonder what they call Dixie cups up North?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Once here on the west coast a barge of cases of liqor on pallets got loose in bad weather.. This while going up the inside passages to the north.. After the storm the empty barge was found beached and the empty pallets were all washed up on shore.. The small communities all up and down the passage took a long time to sober...

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Horn

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
Jack makes me sick to my stomach. Don't know why. Other stuff doesn't. Taste good, going down. Not so much coming up.

Reactions: Pony

·
STILL not Alice
21,679 Posts
Jack makes me sick to my stomach. Don't know why. Other stuff doesn't. Taste good, going down. Not so much coming up.
Tullamore Dew and Bushmill's are the only whiskys worth drinking. As long as one doesn't overindulge, you will only have to worry about how lovely these sipping whiskys are going down. They won't come back up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts