4" strapping - Where to find

Discussion in 'Sewing & Quilting' started by HowlingSprings, Jan 16, 2018.

1. HowlingSprings

HowlingSprings Well-Known Member

I am trying to find some fabric that is soft but relatively sturdy/stable. I don't know anything about fabrics or whatever, but basically I need a 3" to 4" strapping material that I can put either a D ring on the ends or plastic adjustable clips and such on.

I have been all over the place and I think my terminology is completely wrong. Hobby shops don't have any strapping or nylon webbing that is the size that I need.

Anyone have some suggestions?? My online searches are unsuccessful.

Essentially I am making a cinching type harness to go over some various rounds. Smaller straps would work but I would need too many to make it worth while. Would like a wider strap to reduce the work. Tow strap material is too thick and rough for the project.

Thanks!

2. Gabesgram75

Gabesgram75 Active Member

There are 2 websites that I order from when I am making backpacks and other outdoor gear. They both have webbing up to 4" in width. They sell by the foot. You could check them for your needs. The first is Outdoor Wilderness Fabric, Inc. www. owfinc.com. The second is Strapworks, www.strapworks.com. Strapworks has more styles of webbing. Good luck with your search.

HowlingSprings and COSunflower like this.

3. farmrbrown

farmrbrown nobody

Seat belt material?

https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/seatbelts-and-accessories/hardware-kits/#Webbing

HowlingSprings and COSunflower like this.
  4. Jlynnp

Jlynnp Well-Known Member

I have used StrapWorks in the past and had good luck with them.

COSunflower likes this.
  5. mosepijo

mosepijo Well-Known Member

You are looking for Nylon webbing. Comes in different widths. (Had an Upholstery Shop for 23 years)

6. katie deladie goatherder

katie deladie goatherder New Member

How about getting some of the cargo straps at someplace like Harbor Freight and cutting what you need? I've seen them in various widths and lengths... but, I guess you would also be getting the cincher thing and hook, too. So, ignore my idea!

7. M5farm

M5farm Well-Known Member

Any flatbed truck service shop has the straps with the j hook ends for around 10 bucks a strap. You can also buy the winches for them fairly cheap, at least ask if they have old take offs you could buy cheap .