4-H judging question

Discussion in 'Goats' started by otacres1, Jun 20, 2004.

1. otacres1

otacres1 New Member

I have a couple questions about judging of angora and nigerian goats. First, I know that colored angora are judged seperately from white, but these are not solid, they are white with colored spots, are they still judged seperately?? :confused: Also, should nigerian wethers be judged seperately from pygmy wethers? Any help here would be great! I am superintendent for our goat project and these are some new goats coming in this year and would like to get some info and then see what our judge would like to do also.

Thanks so much!
    otacres1

2. kathy H

kathy H kathyh

My daughters showed pygora and nigerian does for seven years. Cant help with the angoras though I think that they would be considered colored. With the nigerian we judged the breeds separate as the pygmy body type is different then nigerians. Nigerians should have good legs and not be over weight, and should have a nice straight top line.

3. otacres1

otacres1 New Member

Thanks for the info! Always like to hear from people that have showed other breeds before! It is also helpful for me to pass on info to the breeders! I would think that the angora would be considered colored also! Thanks again!