3rd Annual Spring Homesteaders Get Together

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by MarleneS, Jan 7, 2005.

1. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

You are all invited to:

Buffalo River Homesteaders 3rd Annual Spring Get Together
    Where: Buffalo River Nat'l Park - @ Tyler Bend Campgrounds, St. Joe Arkansas
    When: The Weekend of May 6th thru May 8th 2005
    Fees: $3.00 per night per person -- A contribution jar will be available at campsite the weekend of the get together.

Hope to see you there,
    Marlene

P.S. I'm looking for someone to help keep tract of who will be coming etc. if you have the desire to help and the time please let us know.

2. headintodawoods

headintodawoods Well-Known Member

We're excited about this get together. We just got place W. of Marshall so we are really close to Tyler Bend.

Chuck

3. MsSpot

MsSpot Well-Known Member

Cool, I'm in Evening Shade. Can I attend? :haha:

4. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Marlene long ways off we'll have to see.You think you can put up with me and Tina? :rolleyes: Sure hope this time I spend less time in the Hospital and more time visiting. :haha:

big rockpile

5. MarleneS

Everyone who has an interest in homesteading is invited to attend. Because there is a maximum number of persons per site, and we've only reserved two to start we need to know how many will be there as soon as we can.

Big Rockpile -- you know you are always welcome, this may or may not have something to do with you always come with Tina but I'm not telling! And I too hope you spend NO time at the hospital. You might be making other wonder if it's safe to attend with this mentioning of visiting a hospital. Think we should tell others it was a accidental wound and our homesteaader/nurses knew you needed a few stitches?

Hope to see you there!

Hugs
    Marlene

6. doohap

doohap Another American Patriot

Hey all!

My husband and I would like to attend! Reserve a spot for us!

doohap

7. Vera

Vera Well-Known Member

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! Unless I get the broom running in time and fix the back lights on the dust pan trailer for the dogs, I can't come and that's a very depressing thought :( My queendom for a vehicle that runs on horse manure... life can be SO unfair!

People, if you have the chance, this get-together is so worth getting together for. Great like-minded people, great food, great demos, and all of it in a beautiful setting. A nosh to remember, as they say!

8. big rockpile

Yelp it was my doings.Did have fun though.I would bring my 4 legged kids but I don't think the little one would behave hisself.He just wants to be the Boss.

big rockpile

9. MarleneS

doohap - happy to have you and husband on board...and I just love people who can plan that far in advance...my kind of people.

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make the Spring one Vera -- sure enjoyed meeting and spending the weekend with at the last Fall one. And folks -- everything she said is sooo right on the money.

Big Rock Pile -- you have a few months to train the wanta be boss four legged kid -- and ah...I should perhaps start working on my own...she still thinks people like to go nose to nose with a dog.

It's only 117 more days - :rolleyes: Start planning now.

Hugs,
    Marlene

10. patarini

patarini Well-Known Member

Can I get a tractor in there? Can always find a place to drop my trailer! Hate to not bring my house! LOL Need about 13.6 clearance -- no low bridges!

11. MarleneS

patarini - well, actually you could get a tractor in there easily -- it's very much a parklike setting on the Buffalo River...only problem is Group Camping is for tents only. ;) I'm not sure what the "size" rule is over at the rv camping...but it is close enough that once you have your house setup you can walk over to group camping.

With the nice, large, and clean restrooms and shower houses -- and the great firepits and cooking grills -- I have no idea why anyone would need their house. :p

Hope to see you there,
    Marlene

12. headintodawoods

headintodawoods Well-Known Member

Marlene,
    Put us on the list (6) Julie and I and our 4 kids. I think it will be a great time.

Chuck

13. MarleneS

That's great Chuck -- look forward to meeting you and your family.

I'm trying to get someone else to take over keeping track of who's coming and bringing/doing what .... but dont' worry by April everything should be taken care of and lots more activity going on.

We homesteaders can't all plan too far in the future because a lot of it depends on what's happening with the garden and critters etc.

Only 108 days to go!

Hugs
    Marlene

14. marvella

marvella Well-Known Member

hiya marlene!! keep this up and i just might show up again. ya never know!!! it's about a 13 hour drive for me, but it was great to meet so many like-minded people.

15. big rockpile

patarini Its just off U.S.65 Highway which is a Truckers route.Once you get in the park there is nothing for you to get hung up on.Just be careful on the hills and curves.

big rockpile

16. MarleneS

marvella -- We make a pretty good biscuit making, baking in dutch oven in fire pit team....I think you really need to try hard to be there in May...we can practice making some more stuff. And I think some might just be looking for those biscuits.

Only 105 days to go!

Marlene