Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
acrebound
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that is what the count is without the borders yet! Yes, it's my English paper piecing project that I have been sewing by hand. I am at a stand still in the road on how I want to finish the blanket. Add borders, no borders, borders in white, borders in color. I think this is the hard part about the whole quilt so far. I started this back in March of this year, and in 8 months, I now don't know what I want to do. Well here is some pics of what it looks like. It measures out at 80 x 84 inches right now.

100_2226.jpg

100_2227.jpg

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
Wow! Gorgeous. I've never seen a tumbling block EPP. I'd perhaps do a narrow inner border of a medium-dark colour, then a wider white border. Bind it in the same colour as the inner border.

·
Premium Member
15,981 Posts
I would go around and finish it with white to bring everything together, then do a narrow border in a light color, and a wider border in a dark color. I like the edges to be dark because of dirt.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
very, very nice!!! I am working on a grandmother's flower garden. I have no idea how I want to put it together. I really have no idea how to bind it. Can't wait to see it finished. Is this the first one you have done?

·
acrebound
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okiemom,
yes this is the first one I have done. I find that all this hand sewing is very relaxing to do and have already found another design I would like to try.

·
Premium Member
15,981 Posts
Please post a photo when you finish. It looks like a cheerful quilt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts