Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
""We were doing quite well with a primary vaccination and a boost with delta. Then all of a sudden omicron came along,” Fauci told the network. “And if you look at the efficacy against the delta versus omicron, it went down to around 30 percent.”"

Of course he waited until after the Supreme Court ruling before admitting to that little tidbit. But get your shots and your boosters anyway.

·
Super Moderator
14,017 Posts
Posted 1/14/22 10:08 P.M. CST

Today I finally got to see my G.P. for my June 2021 six month physical and chronic condition maintenance meds that kept getting rescheduled with their office gap filling my prescriptions issued by the other G.Ps in the office to keep me up to date for the 7 rescheduling times that ranged from 10 to 40 days because the only part of their office that has been running the past few months is the walk in / crawl in runny snot nose /fever clinic.

Each time they rescheduled me to get my prescriptions I had to sign for and pick them up at drive up pharmacy drive up window that is in the suite next door and each time I had to apologize to the pharmacist who is the son of my original pharmacist who often treated my medication and minor medical problems combat medic style if my 1960s/1970s era doctor was out of contact back then because their old family pharmacy isn't in my company's insurer's network.

.Now that the medical mall is back to normal patent entry and visit , when I went in , the only signs up were masks required in the waiting room but in the exam room both the nurse and doctor told me they were optional since the only sign in form was a yes / no five question Covid themed sheet asking if I had fever, flu like symptoms, had Covid in the past two years,, been in contact with someone who had it or was "under investigation for Covid" whatever that meant.

When I told the receptionist that all I knew was that in spring of 2020 my allergies seemed to get bad for a weekend and I was fine the following Monday and none of the vaccinated or non-vaccinated folks i know have been sick and I didn't ask everyone I passed in stores or on the streets if they had it and i had a call from the blood lab they use saying i had antibodies and asking if I would consider donating plasma when the CDC or whatever had labs looking for it to apparently try using folks as serum horses, she said to answer no to all of the questions.

I'm just glad i am back on my 6 month check up / prescription schedule and my G.P.. didn't take offense that in the absence of his 6 month check up I had gotten second opinions from old ranchers to use spearmint oil horse liniment to stop the scarring on my rotatory cuff from popping and dietary advice to strengthen my immune system and help my breathing.

He was also happy that I had lost 11 pounds since he saw me using a pump my arms and legs slow peddle stationary bike for two 30 minute sessions a day as he suggest last year .

It be strange times we been in but in my little corner of this maelstrom everything is normal again :)

·
Premium Member
30,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yearly? they aren't working at 6 month
According to the article he wants the full regime to be 3 doses (2 for J&J) and the 4th would be a booster.

"and actually should be the standard regimen of three doses of an mRNA and two doses of J&J,” Fauci said in an interview with NBC News published on Thursday. "

·
Premium Member
30,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This was from the interview link.

""When you're dealing with respiratory infections, the fundamental goal is to make sure people don't get seriously ill," Fauci said. "We can deal with sniffles for a day or two. We don't want people to die.""

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
""We were doing quite well with a primary vaccination and a boost with delta. Then all of a sudden omicron came along,” Fauci told the network. “And if you look at the efficacy against the delta versus omicron, it went down to around 30 percent.”"

Of course he waited until after the Supreme Court ruling before admitting to that little tidbit. But get your shots and your boosters anyway.
yearly? they aren't working at 6 month
In Canada as of this week, those without shots are 20X more likely to require hospitalization, even though omicron seems to mostly elude the vaccine.
That means it is still worth getting the shot until there is a better option.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
This was from the interview link.

""When you're dealing with respiratory infections, the fundamental goal is to make sure people don't get seriously ill," Fauci said. "We can deal with sniffles for a day or two. We don't want people to die.""
What is wrong with that quote?
Unless that is you are still one of those that don’t understand variants, and still expecting the vaccine to be 100% at keeping people from getting the virus like it initially did with early waves.

·
Premium Member
30,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What is wrong with that quote?
Unless that is you are still one of those that don’t understand variants, and still expecting the vaccine to be 100% at keeping people from getting the virus like it initially did with early waves.
Where did I say anything was wrong with it? But since you asked....

Lessening the symptoms does not "stop the spread". From the beginning we were told getting the shot would prevent covid from spreading. Now we are told that infectious people are well enough to go to work.

·
Voice of Reason
53,722 Posts
if you look at the efficacy against the delta versus omicron, it went down to around 30 percent.
That lines-up with the data I've been seeing. About 30% effective at preventing omicron, but much better at preventing serious illness.

·
Premium Member
30,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Apparently the new plan is to just let it spread. Health care workers being the carriers along with low end service workers who don't get paid sick time and can't afford to stay home for 5 days.

·
Registered
8,574 Posts
In Canada as of this week, those without shots are 20X more likely to require hospitalization, even though omicron seems to mostly elude the vaccine.
That means it is still worth getting the shot until there is a better option.
Well, we have hard data that says the group least likely to get vaccinated is the impoverished. They are also the most likely to be obese. Obesity is a major factor in covid severity. So naturally, the data indicates, that in all phases of the pandemic, the impoverished have made up a high proportion of serious illness and death. The ones that aren't fat are usually strung out on drugs. Their lack of vaccination is not because of an aversion to needles. In fact, the impoverished, many of whom fall into minority categories, are often very highly, even disproportionately, represented in almost every health concern.

Easily predictable self fulfilling prophesy does not make fact, in the case of claims of vaccine efficacy proven by hospitalization statistics. It could have been saline solution and achieved exactly the same results in terms of hospitalization in vaxxed versus unvaxxed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts