Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a John Deere 3025e and the 3 pH is stuck in up position. This started several weeks ago and would require me to jump on bush hog to lower. Now it will not lower and I have adjusted the control knob, the bucket works and the bush hog will raise a few inches but not lower. I checked the fluids and swing arms move.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I have a John Deere 3025e and the 3 pH is stuck in up position. This started several weeks ago and would require me to jump on bush hog to lower. Now it will not lower and I have adjusted the control knob, the bucket works and the bush hog will raise a few inches but not lower. I checked the fluids and swing arms move.
There is a relief valve that lets the hitch drop. I have no idea where it is located, but it sounds like it isn't opening.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have turned it both ways, no help. The lever has 1-9 on it. It is stuck on 7. If I raise it to 9, it goes up. If I lower it to 1, it lowers to 7. I have had the PTO stick one time and it is hard to believe it is that.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
The valve isn't flowing like it should. And all of that is inside the housing in the rear end. Sounds like major surgery is in order.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Spray lubricant on the cable from the lever to the lift mechanism under the operator station and try it tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
This tractor should have a rod from the handle to a lever on the outside of the housing. I don't think there is a cable.

·
Shazbot!
4,880 Posts
Check the fluid level.

·
Registered
566 Posts
This tractor should have a rod from the handle to a lever on the outside of the housing. I don't think there is a cable.
This. You might have to take the right rear wheel off to see all the linkage but the issue is with that more than likely. There is a rod that senses the position of the 3-point - called a feed back rod - that may be out of adjustment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts