Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With colder weather on the doorstep, a busy work schedule and a drop in production to a quart per day, I began drying off Faith today. Oh, what am I going to do without real milk for 3 months?!:sob::sob: My last hoop of cheese is sitting all alone in the cave:sob:, Colonia, aging for a special Christmas fondue.:sob::sob::sob:...Oh, but maybe there's hope... maybe there is doe in milk somewhere out there, looking for a new home. She needs me...intervention PLEASE!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
This is why I have been shelling away milk in the freezer. :) Admittedly Emerald just came back into heat (crud nab it!) so my "break" is only going to be one month... but hey. I've gotta get my fix. XD

·
STILL not Alice
19,808 Posts
A local sells raw cow milk. Maybe you can find something like that in your area?

·
Premium Member
3,718 Posts
Been without goats milk for 2 months now and have about 2 more months before I am milking again. If I had know that my grandson was going to drink all my goats milk I would have planned better...

·
STILL not Alice
19,808 Posts
The 8 gallons of goat milk I had in the freezer all separated. Ugh. Oh, well, that will go to help feed the piggy...

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
I hear you!

I just dried off my girl Dolly a couple of weeks ago. I haven't had a glass of milk since. I have no desire for cow's milk from a grocery store, but I have used some in my tea. Its going to be a long wait till the end of march!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I feel your pain! Mine are all dried up and yep, no milk for me, just can't stand regular store milk. I had a sip once and it just tasted icky... I do have 12 gallons frozen, going to thaw one out this weekend, need my milk! If it seperated just mix it all back together, may not be as smooth but still better than store bought.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts