3 month old buckling & does

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Cygnet, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Cygnet

Cygnet Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, I can't keep "Junior" in his pen and out of the does' pen. Can't figure out how he's getting out, either, unless he's jumping the fence. This seems unlikely -- it's a five foot fence, and Junior's a Nigerian.*LOL* Anyway.

So he's hanging out with the does. Since I got him to breed these does, I'm not particularly upset by this.

He's three months old -- doesn't even stink yet. But he's definitely figured out the birds and the bees! What are the odds of him being "successful" and my ending up with a late February/early March babies? One of the does was in heat yesterday ...

2. desertoasisfarm

desertoasisfarm Active Member

Yeah, I have 10 week old and a 14 week old 50% Nigerian bucklings. I moved them on the other side of the property because I don't want any of my girls bred this year. I've heard that these little minis can be successful VERY young so I didn't want to take any chances. I'd say he's definitely gonna give it his best shot and could very likely be successful! They are very determined little guys!

3. mary,tx

mary,tx Well-Known Member Supporter

I'd definitely be writing down those heat dates.
    mary

4. Cygnet

Cygnet Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks.

I was out with them earlier today -- this little guy is the size of a housecat and looks like a living stuffed animal. He's just adorable. And he thinks he's just Mr. Macho Man ... cracks me up.