Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tech-Gate

"A packaging engineer working with Hasbro secretly recorded the company’s mandatory racial bias training, which teaches that a baby as young as three months old can ‘already express preference by race.’

David Johnson said he felt compelled to record the meeting ‘focused on CRT (Critical Race Theory)’ as soon as he learned about it.

The training, held by The Conscious Kid, states that babies’ racial biases only grow as they age, and that kids ‘as young as two are already using race to reason about people’s behaviors."

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Huh. Well. My not quite 2 year old did cry the first time he saw a black person, and refused to look at them. It was new and scary. I imagine if he had been raised in a more "diverse community" things may have been different

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From "The Conscious Kid"

Let's be sure that both the white and black child are acknowledging that the black children's lives matter. What message does that send to the white children? That just automatically know their lives matter too, without being told? Just part of the innate privilege white children enjoy?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
....kids ‘as young as two are already using race to reason about people’s behaviors."
It's probably safe to assume they are not taught that, but it comes naturally....Things that have survival value are retained in the population (Eg- certain birds flyng south for the winter). Things that do not are quickly lost. (Eg- hind legs in whales)

Maybe we oughta be taking note and not drawing false conclusions just to be politically correct.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Huh. Well. My not quite 2 year old did cry the first time he saw a black person, and refused to look at them. It was new and scary. I imagine if he had been raised in a more "diverse community" things may have been different
It works both ways for kids....and if your kid was raised in a more diverse neighborhood, he would have still done the same, but possibly have learned to get over it at an earlier age.

I had the opposite reaction to seeing a black for the first time at the same age (so my Ma says) on a street car. I stared at him the whole ride aparently making the poor guy self conscious and nervous...My son, OTOH had yet a different reaction, but he had the experience of TV to help prepare him-- We got on a flight when he was 2 (early '80s). After boarding and settling in, he stood on the seat and looked over the back to see a black couple behind us. "Hey! Mommy!" he excitedly reported. "Look! The Jeffersons!"

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My brother, age approximately 3, had never seen a black person. We were at the USAF academy in CO walking down the sidewalk, and a black woman and her child, about the age of my brother, were approaching from the opposite direction. My brother, at the only volume level 3 year olds have, looked at the little boy and said "Is he dirty all over or what?"

·
Unapologetically me
21,188 Posts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts