Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
8,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/102...joy-vinson-traveled-from-cleveland-to-dallas/

Amber Vinson was identified as the second nurse in the Ebola scare, according to reports.
The Dallas Morning News reported that Vinson tested positive for the virus. Vinson, like
nurse Nina Pham, took care of Liberian man Thomas Eric Duncan who was the first person
diagnosed with the illness. Vinson, 29, is a registered nurse in Texas. She recently
traveled from from Cleveland to Dallas on Frontier Flight 1143 on Oct. 13, preliminary reports have said.
The
CDC is asking 132 passengers on Frontier FL 1143 from Cleveland to DFW to call 1-800-CDC-INFO.

Reactions: Tricky Grama

·
Banned
8,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's no reason to believe that 'Big Brother' couldn't/wouldn't be
able to find anyone on that flight if they so chose to do so.....
THIS way, it makes them (those passengers) come in "voluntarily";
instead of the Gestapo going out and rounding everyone up.

Although, I feel that it won't be much longer, before a lot of folks
will be herded up and rounded up and shipped off to the nearest FEMA camps.

For their own good of course. . .

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is the reason I am concerned about this virus. The people involved don't seem to be taking it seriously and serious mistakes are happening because of it. Why would she fly home when she is supposed to be under monitoring? Now she has potentially exposed her own family and countless numbers of others.

·
Registered
206 Posts
And so it begins.

Has anyone else read The Stand by Stephen King? How hauntingly similar.

Great book. Have you read The Flu by Jacqueline Druga? I'm sure it was no coincidence that TNT played the movie Contagion over the weekend.

·
Registered
251 Posts
CDC is looking into medical staff not wearing PPE first two days of care for Thomas Duncan because blood test confirmation had not been received at that time. They are saying couple of dozen medical staff were involved during those first two days. Texas Health Presbyterian had not responded to media request to confirm.

2nd nurse with ebola being moved from Texas Presbyterian to CDC facility in Atlanta this afternoon. Also, WEWS news in Cleveland reporting that 2nd nurse started feeling ill while on the plane to Dallas. Guess that's why CDC wants to contact everyone that was on the flight.

·
Registered
31,752 Posts
I really want to know HOW they know it cannot be caught from someone who does not yet have symptoms/fever...
Now they are finally admitting that it IS spread by air droplets. :(

http://www.newsmax.com/US/Ebola-dro...il_job=1590591_10152014&s=al&dkt_nbr=ygdtzjjq

Chickenpox, measles and tuberculosis are airborne diseases. Droplets of mucus and other secretions from the nose, mouth and respiratory tract transmit other diseases, including influenza and smallpox.

When someone coughs, sneezes or, in the case of Ebola, vomits, he releases a spray of secretions into the air. This makes the infection droplet-borne. Some hospital procedures, like placing a breathing tube down a patient’s air passage to help him breathe, may do the same thing.

Droplet-borne germs can travel in these secretions to infect someone a few feet away, often through the eyes, nose or mouth. This may not seem like an important difference, but it has a big impact on how easily a germ spreads. Airborne diseases are far more transmittable than droplet-borne ones.

·
Registered
21,253 Posts
CDC is looking into medical staff not wearing PPE first two days of care for Thomas Duncan because blood test confirmation had not been received at that time. They are saying couple of dozen medical staff were involved during those first two days. Texas Health Presbyterian had not responded to media request to confirm.

2nd nurse with ebola being moved from Texas Presbyterian to CDC facility in Atlanta this afternoon. Also, WEWS news in Cleveland reporting that 2nd nurse started feeling ill while on the plane to Dallas. Guess that's why CDC wants to contact everyone that was on the flight.
Doesn't make sense to move the 2nd nurse to Atlanta. Are they saying the Texas hospital is incapable of handling 2 Ebola patients at once? If so, what would they do with 15 or 20 if the disease spreads? Maybe they just want to pass a little Ebola around the country out of fairness.

·
Banned
8,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't think 'fair' has a thing to do with it.

But it is beginning to look like this is being
definitely 'orchestrated' for a special effect.

Can we say: "Spread that contagion.....just to be fair?"

Amerikaners are the new Africans.

It does seem to play right in there
with Obama's equalizing the playing field
with the rest of the world......who really knows?

·
Registered
10,818 Posts
Doesn't make sense to move the 2nd nurse to Atlanta. Are they saying the Texas hospital is incapable of handling 2 Ebola patients at once? If so, what would they do with 15 or 20 if the disease spreads? Maybe they just want to pass a little Ebola around the country out of fairness.
Well I think it is safe to say, with 2 of their nurses contracting the disease, apparently this hospital was not capable of handling 1 patient. Not actually being critical of hospital more the system

·
Voice of Reason
52,235 Posts
Yeah, it's in Ohio. That's what I was afraid of. Time to pull up the drawbridge.
Isolation doesn't always work, and in fact can make matters worse.

Edgar Allan Poe wrote a story called “The Masque of the Red Death”. It was an obvious parody of the black plague. The story was about a place were the wealthy and powerful could go to be isolated from the red death disease. The place was designed in a way that the peasants dying of the red death on the outside couldn't get in to infect them.

The plan went awry because they wealthy also couldn't get out. Sure enough, the red death got to them and there was no escape.

·
Registered
21,253 Posts
Isolation doesn't always work, and in fact can make matters worse.

Edgar Allan Poe wrote a story called “The Masque of the Red Death”. It was an obvious parody of the black plague. The story was about a place were the wealthy and powerful could go to be isolated from the red death disease. The place was designed in a way that the peasants dying of the red death on the outside couldn't get in to infect them.

The plan went awry because they wealthy also couldn't get out. Sure enough, the red death got to them and there was no escape.
Well, if Poe wrote a parody about it, that's proof enough for me. Could you back it up with something of more substance, perhaps a Star Trek episode?:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Reactions: copperkid3

·
Premium Member
25,278 Posts
The plague was carried by fleas which were carried in on rats. Not quite the same unless rats and mice can carry Ebola. But then we don't know about animal vectors do we?

·
Voice of Reason
52,235 Posts
The plague was carried by fleas which were carried in on rats. Not quite the same unless rats and mice can carry Ebola. But then we don't know about animal vectors do we?
OK, but how was the red death carried?

·
Premium Member
25,278 Posts
Well since it was a make-believe disease and there is much speculation over whether he meant the plague or tb there really is no right answer. But since this is the 21st century and we know about microbes and can see them through microscopes it should be possible to ascertain if animals can carry Ebola. That is, if the CDC would be willing to invest the effort into research instead of just saying "all's well".

But if I were to speculate on Red Death I would say it was carried by rats having "relationships" outside the city walls then sneaking back in. Then those rats would breathe on healthy people causing them to become infected while the rats themselves (being carriers) were simply immune to the disease.

ETA; I never read the story

1 - 20 of 49 Posts