2nd celebration without her...

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by thorngirl, Dec 26, 2006.

1. thorngirl

thorngirl Well-Known Member

Unknown to us, she passed early in the morning on my birthday so 12 days ago I happily celebrated that day right up until I got "the call" that night. Yesterday, we knowingly had to celebrate Christmas without our precious "Wee Wee", it was hard and we really did'nt want to but we have a 7 year old that needs her parents to be strong and give her what she needs.

She understands what happened with her sister but it has'nt really sunk in yet that her "Wee Wee" is never again coming to see her or take her for a week on school vacations or call and say "You go Kristan" when she gets straight A's on her report card.

Every year Christmas eve is going to be so hard, no matter where she was or even last year with her new husband in tow she was here over night, sleeping on the floor in her baby sisters room just so that she could be here with us Christmas morning and it was supposed to be the same this year as she was looking forward to going to her grandparents with us.

She loved getting presents but loved giving them even more and would put a lot of thought into each gift and was proud of the fact that SHE was able to work, earn and spend her own money on them. Even though she was'nt here in body yesterday she still gave us the best gift of all and that's knowing that we raised a very beautiful, loving and caring daughter and we're proud to call her ours.

Thank you Elizibeth for allowing us to enjoy raising such an awesome, yet sometimes trying girl and being part of who we are today. We love and miss you beyond belief. We'll see you again one day.

Love Momma, Daddio, Justin, Kristan, Shauna and Brittany

2. countryheart

countryheart Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

Countryheart

3. Dixie

Dixie Well-Known Member Supporter

I know yesterday was a terribly difficult day for you and your entire family. I'm so sorry for your loss.

4. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. I just can't began to imagine how you're feeling. I pray that God grants you peace.

5. midwsthomestead

midwsthomestead joy seeker

More hugs and prayers.

~~

6. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

(((((((Hugs))))))) to all.[​IMG]

7. whiterock

whiterock Well-Known Member Supporter

8. Tracy in Idaho

Tracy in Idaho Well-Known Member Supporter

I am so sorry for your loss. I just can't imagine how painful it must be. At the risk of being too nosey -- did you ever find out what happened to her? You and your family have been on my mind and in my prayers...

Tracy

9. valgal

valgal Well-Known Member

Thorngirl,

I lost my Elizabeth, too. She was not my biological daughter, but she was my daughter in every other way. She was my son's girlfriend for three years and she died a week before her birthday. She was very close to my then 12 year old daughter and that pain is still fresh.

Time does ease the rawness of the pain but it does not erase it. We can talk about her now without crying and we do remember her fun personality. We also grieve for all of the dreams that can never be realized.

By the way, I also live in SC (near Florence). You and your family are in my prayers.
    Val in SC

10. via media

via media Tub-thumper

I'm so sorry for your loss. (hugs) to you all.

/VM

11. wendys_goats

wendys_goats wendys_goats

I am sorry for your loss and I pray that Jesus holds you close to his heart and gives you comfort and strength.