Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2nd round covid doses due next week, on the 19th. Record length cold snap, with snow and ice every few days happening. Forecast the two days before the vax clinic is more snow and ice. Most of us live on rural roads, very dangerous when there is snow.

Please pray the storms hold off or dissipate, allowing for a safe clinic. Cold is fine but hard on some of the really frail folks, but the snow and ice could cancel the event.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heavy snows got it cancelled:(

It is rescheduled weather permitting and supplies available for next week.

Pray for the event, and for us. We need some doctoring done but need to get the second shot on board and have a couple of weeks after it before we keep those appointments. If this one gets cancelled will have to cancel those needed appointments.

So far we in our county have been spared the power outages, etc, and are grateful for that. Even got mail service today.

I ordered some fabric back weeks ago. It is shipped and I am watching it come across I40 from Cali. Sure hope we can get the snow drifts away from the porch before fedex comes lol. And hope the route person never figures out it is just some roosters and hens fabric for a summer decorating project.

·
Premium Member
10,412 Posts
You are all in my prayers ....

·
Uncertified Master Chief Village Idiot
2,099 Posts
There's a whole lot of folks in a whole lot of different "bad" situations...I just prayfully hope y'all can get that second round shot and be able to move on to a little more "normalcy"!

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, let's pray for everyone impacted! My brother is in NM and still having snow and ice. He is starting to push 80 (upper 70's) and a heart patient. Was scheduled for his first covid shot day before yesterday. Have not heard if he got it and don't want to call since he may not be able to recharge his phone. They should be ok since they heat mostly with pellet and have a generator.

My cousins in east Texas are smack dab in the no electric no heat no water area. Praying for them also!

A personal prayer request: have not been physically in church since mid March, doing it by zoom and facebook live and youtube. Our pastor is fully vaccinated, and after we are also while the numbers here are too high to go back in church, he has offered us a personal "remote Communion" either in our driveway or church parking lot, masked, distanced, etc. Now, my Lord is of course with me all the time wherever but I personally think I would be strengthened through this if we could just have that much church in person contact plus benefit me spiritually to receive Communion. Ya'll might lift us up re this also, please?

·
Premium Member
25,272 Posts
Vaccinations are on hold all over the country. Ohio has areas where second shots are being delayed.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Sometimes I think we need a button other than 'like' for some posts - and this is one. In threads like this I choose 'like' to make sure no one feels ignored, but really i don't 'like' that people who want the shots, can't get them and people who have had the first one and now are scheduled for the 2nd are being delayed.

·
Premium Member
10,412 Posts
This is definitely a concern of mine as well, even though my small family has not been affected by covid...knock on wood for God's graces and our staying out of the public....

Another associated concern of mine is that the physicians seem to be more invested in keeping people sick than getting them well. This was certainly apparent in my recent trips to the ER! (Wishing I was near Mayo Clinic as it is too large to have any medical personnel there disregarding the Hippocratic Oath !)

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Please continue to pray for all that are suffering and all the cancelled shots around the country.

Ours has been rescheduled for this week, as have most of the makeup AND new clinics for our state.

Feds launched a huge push to get the shots shipped early this week and hopefully catch up this week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts