Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Tobacco Road" 2100 vacant acres with 2 dams, camper and approx 2000 bricks, enough to build a substantial home. Predominantly ironbark and pine forest with 800 acres regrowth from previous tobacco plantation. $130,000.00

One little catch,it is in Queensland,Australia. :D
Not usre on the exchange rate nowadays but it used to be VERY favorable towards the American dollar.

I was looking at Australian newspapers online and found this site:

www.aussiefarmsforsale.com/tom_donald/A15/a15_farm_for_sale_inglewood.htm

·
Lady Rider
820 Posts
Good grief.....that comes out to approximately $61.90 an acre. (either that or my calculator broke) :eek:

Who is ready to take up a collection???? ;)

·
Registered
9,582 Posts
.....................Of course, they also have a significant number of the 10 most poisionious snakes in the World down There, but not to worry, just wear those red wings and pray alot......fordy.... :eek: :)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Regarding snakes and other nasties,it wasn't really that bad.

We lived in the outskirts of a major city(but in the bush) and often went off wandering and rarely if ever encountered a snake and when we did we had been taught to leave them alone and they would leave us alone.

Australia also has the saltwater crocodile(northern QLD and Northern Territory),redback spider,funnel web spider,box jellyfish,sea snakes,sharks,stonefish,blue ring octopus and the lilst goes on...

There is also only about 20 million people in a nation slightly smaller than the continental USA.

·
MacCurmudgeon
2,246 Posts
Dreams30 said:
Good grief.....that comes out to approximately $61.90 an acre. (either that or my calculator broke) QUOTE]

Here in Northern Minnesota I only gave $99 an acre for my 100 acres 7 years ago and land hasn't gone up much since.

Haggis @ Wolf Cairn Moor

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Property taxes?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Haggis said:
Dreams30 said:
Good grief.....that comes out to approximately $61.90 an acre. (either that or my calculator broke) QUOTE]

Here in Northern Minnesota I only gave $99 an acre for my 100 acres 7 years ago and land hasn't gone up much since.

Haggis @ Wolf Cairn Moor
Haggis tell me more about your place. Was it clear cut before you bought it? Water supply? Utilities?

We looked at several properties in the upper region but it had been clear cut and would have taken years to recover.

Kenneth in NC

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
It is an interesting price, but isnt there a drought going on there about now and has been for awhile?

I emailed a friend in Oz, and she said it was a pretty area, and from a link she sent back it is a growing area as well, even may prosper in the tourist trade.

http://www.queenslandholidays.com.au/southern_downs/inglewood.cfm

Anyway thanks for the link, it was fun looking at ranch prices down under for a few minutes.

William

1 - 11 of 11 Posts