• yes

• no

• maybe

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you do 21 days at home without a paycheck?got enough water and food?

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
not to mention the aspect how many just cant keep from being on the go non-stop in this modern world.

can you handle not leaving your home and property for social times many do.this might be the hardest of all for many.

from a singles perspective...can you play checkers or chess alone?...lol....i may get a statue to put in chair like in omega man with charleton heston....lol...naaaaaaaa

·
Premium Member
25,275 Posts
21 days without a paycheck would be really rough. But otherwise, no problem. Might actually get that freezer cleaned out like dh has wanted.

Amended, I could do it just fine. Dh and the kids would want their milk and cream for coffee.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I work from home, so we would not be without a paycheck. However, we have just made a major move with only what could fit in our suitcases and have only just recently moved into our current house. So if we were quarantined today, food would be our issue as we have not had time to build up our stocks again.

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
....Remember the picture of meat and heat??? ..

splain lucy....my memory is laggin...was it all your livestock fornicating..:angel:

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ernie....yea but you and i dont count....our 72 hour kit is a jar of peanut butter...lol

·
Conscientious Disrupter
4,246 Posts
Sure. Food, meds, and board games we got. Books in every nook and cranny. Water: city first, well water second, plus stored back up emergency stocks. The socializing? I like myself just fine. Certainly enough to spend 21 days alone with me. I think my sons could manage it just fine too. Generally, when they're gone it's as quiet as a church on Monday morning here. That's what I prefer anyway. I buy tp in large quantities which usually last a couple months. Plus, it's autumn. Last resort tp is falling from the trees all over here, LOL

Now elk, don't get a statue. Just use that cardboard cut out of Amy Lee you have. :D

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
splain lucy....my memory is laggin...was it all your livestock fornicating..:angel:
the wood is cut and stacked,
the moo is whacked and packed.

the bills are paid,
so to home my family stayed!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
ernie....yea but you and i dont count....our 72 hour kit is a jar of peanut butter...lol
Heh.

I'm more thinking of the family. The things we buy are dairy products like milk, butter, and cheese. Can we live without those things? Yes, but life becomes less than comfortable.

Food is easy. We've probably got about eight to nine months of rice and beans on hand right now as it is, and plenty of things we produce right here to augment or replace that supply. When it comes to stockpiling, my belief system is probably a little too "social justice" for most of you. I don't really store anything more than enough to get us through the winter and I'm willing to give food away to anyone who comes to the door.

I was really worried about ebola initially, but I've made my peace with it now through prayer. Tomorrow is not promised and death is not the worst fate that can befall a man. God is in control of this, and sooner or later, dying is in the cards for ol' Ernie.

·
That's relativity.
1,129 Posts
$$, no problem...literally every bill we have CAN be paid online (most aren't as DH prefers mailing them in, lol).

Food we'd be good on, water fine as long as the city keeps it on (we think there is an old well but have to check ordinances on uncapping and blah, blah, blah) though we do have stored. Socialization...we don't ever see anyone on a regular basis except the nephew and his fiance so I believe we'll be alright. There would be a period of adjustment (i.e. straight jacket at some point for myself) if the net were to go but there are enough books around to entertain.

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
I could do 20 years here if I had to, assuming nothing really crazy happens. But I'm planning to move in the spring, so preparing for the move would be an issue. The in-between state of affairs might not be so secure.

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yep ernie death will come for us all....but i aint playin tag with speeding trains either...lol..

.didnt devil ask yeshua/jesus to fall/jump from a wall or roof top or cliff?....didnt he say dont be tempting the father?

'Do not test the Lord your God/YHWH’ (Deuteronomy 6:16)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts