Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at list 2019 movies on rottentomatoes.com Meh! The only one I will probably eventually buy on dvd when its cheap is: Farmageddon: A Shaun the Sheep Movie

I liked Wallace and Gromit and alas the Shaun the Sheep spinoffs seem to be only remnant of that. Apparently the studios complained Wallace was too British and they wanted to Amercanize him... obviously they just didnt get the charm of Wallace and Gromit. Guess Shaun is bit more universal appeal? Couple others that if I got to watch for free I might watch, like Secret Life of Pets 2 and The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind, but really there just isnt anything very interesting. Probably some small movies not on their radar, thats best hope. The studios just churning out remakes and sequels/prequels to more comic book hero movies. Enough with the comic books and the men getting drunk and acting stupid in foreign country movies already and yet more obnoxious romantic comedies.

How about you folks, any movies this year you liked or are looking forward to? Going to be yet another Disney Wars movie next Xmas season...yawn....

Reactions: rkintn

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was looking at list 2019 movies on rottentomatoes.com Meh! The only one I will probably eventually buy on dvd when its cheap is: Farmageddon: A Shaun the Sheep Movie

I liked Wallace and Gromit and alas the Shaun the Sheep spinoffs seem to be only remnant of that. Apparently the studios complained Wallace was too British and they wanted to Amercanize him... obviously they just didnt get the charm of Wallace and Gromit. Guess Shaun is bit more universal appeal? Couple others that if I got to watch for free I might watch, like Secret Life of Pets 2 and The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind, but really there just isnt anything very interesting. Probably some small movies not on their radar, thats best hope. The studios just churning out remakes and sequels/prequels to more comic book hero movies. Enough with the comic books and the men getting drunk and acting stupid in foreign country movies already and yet more obnoxious romantic comedies.

How about you folks, any movies this year you liked or are looking forward to? Going to be yet another Disney Wars movie next Xmas season...yawn....
Oh, there is a Disney remake of Dumbo. I know... but this one is directed by Tim Burton. That alone might make it worth a watch. About only thing that would make it get my slightest interest.

Reactions: rkintn

·
mean people suck
2,530 Posts
Captain Marvel, Avengers Endgame, John Wick 3, Brightburn, The New Mutants, Scary Stories to tell in the dark, Angel has fallen, It chapter 2, Zombieland 2, Terminator Dark Fate, Dr sleep and Jumanji 2. I may not make it to the theater for every one but these will definitely be on my to watch list:) I'm sure there will be some added as I catch trailers but those were the ones I saw listed that I know I will see at some point.

Reactions: shawnlee

·
mean people suck
2,530 Posts
Brightburn is one I'm really looking forward to, as it's a horror twist on the Superman story.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im still waiting for Miss Fishers movie, and Black Hats with Harrison Ferd lol
I didnt see any mention of those. Are they TV or Netflix movies? Or ones supposed to come out in theaters?

·
Premium Member
25,070 Posts
Watched (The Amazing Admundsons)? last night 1942. niece period piece. Tim Holt, and oldtime movie Cowboy played the pain in the ass in it.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Supposed to come out in theaters. MF is already made. Don't know where they are on BH
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Fisher_and_the_Crypt_of_Tears

Its an $8M movie funded by a kickstarter campain. Miss Fisher's tv fans I guess. If you arent aware, $8M is low budget for movie anymore.

Release[edit]
Miss Fisher and the Crypt of Tears is planned to be released in cinemas in Australia in 2019.[13]

Miss Fisher and the Crypt of Tears has been acquired by Acorn_TV for North American release. It will premiere on the subscription streaming service following a limited theatrical release in North America.[14] It is Acorn's first venture into theatrical distribution. The streaming service "bought the film sight unseen from the distributor All3Media International and will book US cinemas after the Australian distributor Roadshow sets its release date".[15]

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wouldnt hold my breath for the Harrison Ford "Black Hats" movie. A google search shows it got lot press in 2011, no mention of it after that.

·
Registered
30,679 Posts
We may go see "How to Train Your Dragon 3" on Thursday.

·
mean people suck
2,530 Posts
Watched Bohemian Rhapsody yesterday (Amazon) We enjoyed it.
The documentary about Joan Jet is really good! I had no idea she started playing with the Runaways when she was in her mid teens. It's on Amazon Prime and Hulu.

·
mean people suck
2,530 Posts
YouTube Joan Jett and the Runaways

1 - 20 of 27 Posts