2017 Winter Quilt Block Swap

Discussion in 'Swaps/Work-Alongs/Tutorials' started by AngieM2, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Clueful

Clueful Member

Close to finishing. Will let you know when they are in the mail. The colors are winter: kona brown and kona snow. Oh dear...misunderstood the color perimeters. Thought ecru, cranberry, dark blue, gold and hunter green were merely suggestions. Thought they just have to be "winter".

COSunflower and MoBookworm1957 like this.
  2. Belfrybat

Belfrybat Well-Known Member Supporter

The poll we took a few months ago set the colours of cranberry, gold, dark blue and green. Angie added unbleached muslin after the swap started. It's a shame you went to all that trouble and now have to switch colours to match the swap parameters, but you will have enough blocks to make a quilt from your brown and white blocks so all is not lost. And you still have two weeks to make new blocks in the correct colours. The colours chosen are so rich and this will make a gorgeous quilt (at least that's how I picture it in my mind).

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    maxine and MoBookworm1957 like this.

3. MoBookworm1957

MoBookworm1957 Well-Known Member

I would like to participate in the Spring swap if possible.

maxine and COSunflower like this.
  4. Belfrybat

I hope you do. It should be starting pretty soon since Spring starts tomorrow.

COSunflower likes this.
  5. rainedaze

rainedaze Well-Known Member

Clueful, I am sure you will be able to make a beautiful quilt as Belfrybat stated. Sorry about the misunderstanding. All of the quilt swaps have a theme whether it be specific colors or a particular pattern. I hope you are able to find the colors quickly to complete in time. Let me know if there is a problem.

6. maxine

maxine Well-Known Member Supporter

Colourful your winter brown blocks sound luscious!! I wish you'd post a picture of them..I'm so sorry about the confusion.. I do hope you be able to make blocks in this swaps colors.. we need you.. please don't be discouraged.. I can understand how it could have happened.. as raindaze said.. let us know if you need help..keep us posted :)

7. Jlynnp

Jlynnp Well-Known Member

I have a lot of floral fabrics that should work for the spring swap and I love doing 9 patch blocks. Are we staying with a 12 1/2 inch block??

I would also be happy to act as hostess.

MoBookworm1957 likes this.
  8. Belfrybat

I've already pulled the focus fabric and one supporting. Not sure whether I'm going to add a yellow or lavender to the mix. If you downloaded the e-book I posted above, I'm going with the Friendship Star block with the floral in the corners. At least that is my current plan.

HT Spring swap.jpg

9. MoBookworm1957

I have similar colors just not that floral pattern.

rjayne and Belfrybat like this.
  10. Patches

Patches Well-Known Member Supporter

I got my blocks mailed out yesterday! They are coming priority so should be there this week! Belfry, I love that floral fabric!! I'll have to go see what I've got now!! I wasn't sure I would participate in this next one since it's garden time and market time too, but a 9patch is so cool I think I'll have to 'work it in'!! Lol

11. MoBookworm1957

Thinking of these colors in 9 patch maybe with green to tone it down a bit[​IMG]what do you think?

COSunflower and Belfrybat like this.
  12. maxine

maxine Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm wondering if we will be deciding on the colors for this Spring Block Swap?? or just whatever combination we want,, I'm loving all the fabrics you ladies are wanting to use.. I'm definitely ready for Spring Flowers !

13. MoBookworm1957

How many blocks do we need?

14. Belfrybat

I vote for not having a set colour scheme but "Spring floral". We did a Spring quilt a couple of years ago with specified colours, so my preference this time would be not to limit us.

15. rainedaze

14 blocks for this swap :)

16. rainedaze

Hey Ladies, I know you are excited about the Spring Swap but is there a possibility that we can move those comments to another thread? Sorry, just hard to keep track of the posts for this swap. I mean this in the most loving way possibly. Thank you!!!

maxine and COSunflower like this.
  17. MoBookworm1957

Okay with me, just wanted to give people heads up about my quilting ideas. I'm somewhat different in my quilting.

18. HorseMom

HorseMom Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm back! Had some trouble logging in.
    COSunflower the Quilting Cats group is a closed group, when I searched it it didn't have an image but there were 2.517 members. You can look me up on Facebook, Heidi Post, and I can add you, but admin still had to approve you. My profile pic is attached.

I'm hoping to sew like a crazy women today and tomorrow. I've still been working 6-7 days the last week and a half I've been baking like a crazy woman. Cake for work, cake for my daughter's bday party, I need to make 4 dozen cookies for 4H tonight.
    Heidi

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  19. rainedaze

This is for all the procrastinators or others that just couldn't get to their squares yet because life happens - I admit, I have always been a procrastinator especially this time bc being the hostess I don't have to mail yet. lol Working on my squares, looking, looking, and looking again (not a complicated square by any means!!!) and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't go together correctly. I am missing a 5th color to make it square. If you are struggling know that there are others out there struggling as well. Now that I have it figured out I will be completing my squares. Happy Spring and Sewing to everyone!!

COSunflower and HorseMom like this.
  20. Clueful

Clueful Member

Ladies, Do the blocks have to include all of the colors (cranberry, hunter, blue, gold, ecru?)
    Can I use just 3 of the colors in the block? Reworking blocks for swap. Thanks.

COSunflower likes this.