2017/2018 Winter quilt block swap

Discussion in 'Swaps/Work-Alongs/Tutorials' started by Belfrybat, Oct 29, 2017.

1. MoBookworm1957

MoBookworm1957 Well-Known Member Supporter

When do send blocks to Meima6?
    Hopefully I will feel like sewing tomorrow.
    Made several sample blocks which will eventually go into March or April Baby Quilt.
    Beings I'm ill, of course Strawberry is full of P&V.

dmm1976 and COSunflower like this.
  2. Meima6

Meima6 Well-Known Member

Kentucky, between the Bluegrass and the Mountains.
    Hi Mo,
    Mail date is February 2nd. Hope you feel better soon.
    Hugs,
    Meima

3. Gretchen Ann

Gretchen Ann Well-Known Member

Make sure you ask for an estimate of what the cost will be to clean out the bobbin case. If they won't give you one, don't leave the machine.

4. MoBookworm1957

I need to clean of my sewing table, can't find important part of my tree building experience.
    Looking for mini orange peel template.
    Feeling bummed.

dmm1976 and COSunflower like this.
  5. COSunflower

COSunflower Country Girl Supporter

Man oh man!!!! I better hurry!!! I'm just now learning to use my new machine! Ive been burned out from all of my holiday sewing!!! Lol!!! I am going to devote my weekend to the swap!!! How many blocks now Meima???

dmm1976 and MoBookworm1957 like this.
  6. Meima6

Meima6 Well-Known Member

Greetings! We are at 7 plus one for hostess.

Sorry to be slow to respond. Dad has been the hospital for a week. First pneumonia, then a-fib. :(

7. COSunflower

Oh Debbie!!! I'm so sorry about your Dad!!! How old is he? I sure hope that he recovers from pnuemonia - it is SOOOO bad on us seniors!!! The flu is rampant here. :( When I was at our clinic for my periodic bloodwork, the nurse told me that our hospital was TOTALLY OUT of ER beds!!! The hospital told them NOT to send patients over because of it!!! What in the heck do they do then? They've been running out of IV solutions etc. All of our local hospital are FULL of flu patients. :( My DIL from Bandon was here and she said that her LITTLE hospital had 8 flu patients and she said that it was A LOT for THEM. Our news said that this flu season is like the year that we had the SWINE FLU outbreak. :( I sure hope that I can stay well!!! I have a fever right now but think it is because of the inner ear infection that I have. I was having dizzy spells the last 3 days so the dr. did some checking and my left ear has an inner ear infection. :( I don't FEEL bad except for being tired, having a fever, and being dizzy at times.

dmm1976 and MoBookworm1957 like this.
  8. Meima6

Meima6 Well-Known Member

Oh my! It is bad here too. When I took Dad back in to emergency for a-fib on Wednesday, there were beds in the hallways of emergency and the emergency waiting room was full!

They told me the hospital was full. I heard them today counseling the gentleman in the room with my dad, that if he got flu, he should only come in under certain circumstances.

They are telling folks that it is dangerous to be in the hospital because you can get some really bad germs there. :/
    My Dad is still there and we have a bad storm coming. Dad is doing better today, but he is very weak. He is 84 and has many health issues. :(

Please take care of yourself. Ear infections can be tricky! I hope you are better soon, so that you can enjoy your new toy. :) I am hoping to get my blocks cut tomorrow. It is hard to get any sewing time in when I get to the hospital before 8am and do not get home until dark. I am way too tired to sew. However, while Dad is sleeping I read, and look at my quilt block books.

Hugs,
    Debbie

9. Jlynnp

Jlynnp Well-Known Member

The flu is bad here as well, I am so drained of iron that I need to be extra careful not to get sick. I am trying to avoid a lot of people at this time. Spending a lot of time at home. I do have 3 Dr appts next week so I will roll the dice and see how it goes.

10. Meima6

Meima6 Well-Known Member

Yes, be careful out there.

11. COSunflower

I have been trying to stay home also! I have a dental appt next Thurs. but not going anywhere else!!!

dmm1976, MoBookworm1957 and Meima6 like this.
  12. MoBookworm1957

I have the flu also.
    Sinus infection, ear infection,generally feeling yucky.
    Even though I can't go see her.
    Estelle is doing wonderful.

COSunflower and dmm1976 like this.
  13. dmm1976

dmm1976 Well-Known Member

Internet hugs and healing prayers for those that are battling sickness.

We've been very grateful for no major illness in our house since our son came home from the NICU. My biggest fear is him getting sick and ending up in critical care again.

MoBookworm1957 and COSunflower like this.
  14. COSunflower

Oh MO!!!!! I do hope that you feel better soon! How miserable!!! I still have a fever but it is going down - 99.3 now. I feel OK, just tired. I think it is from my inner ear infection. I've had it 3 days now. I sure don't want to expose anyone else OR get exposed to something WORSE so am staying home and sewing. :) Got my pattern ready and most of my fabrics ready for my swap blocks. I'll be cutting and sewing today and tomorrow. I finished up another grandkid quilt yesterday and sent it home to the coast with my DIL today. :) Gave the little sister hers when they got here Thursday. She loves it! And so does her mom! I promised to make her one with the Fall blocks that we did for her birthday in August. Fall colors are her favorite. :)

MoBookworm1957, HorseMom and Meima6 like this.
  15. Belfrybat

Belfrybat Well-Known Member Supporter

I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon. This has been a hard season for the flu just about everywhere.

I'm finished with the blocks and will get them in the mail tomorrow. It's too cold to get out today -- 18 with a wind chill factor of 0. I'm staying in!

MoBookworm1957 and COSunflower like this.
  16. COSunflower

I have all of my block pieces ready to sew but found that I didn't have enough bleached muslin for the background pieces! I have to go into town tomorrow so will get some more. I'm hoping to mail mine this coming Monday.

Meima6 and MoBookworm1957 like this.
  17. Belfrybat

Belfrybat Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, the blocks didn't go out and it's 7 degrees this morning with a windchill factor of -4. I know you northern gals are laughing but for us southern belles, that is just too darn cold to get out unless absolutely necessary! I'll poke my nose out of the house once the temps are above freezing.

I'm not too please with my blocks which I've named "South meets North" as they are a tad dark. But I love the hostess block I made -- Arkansas Crossroads -- and plan on making more of that pattern from similar fabrics to fill in so I can make a quilt from our blocks. I think it will look nice in the corners to frame the other blocks.

18. MoBookworm1957

Still looking for miniature orange peel template.
    Beginning to think Strawberry might of ate it.
    Just kidding about Strawberry eating the miniature orange peel.
    Health update: No fever, still have cough, and three cracked ribs from coughing.
    Still exhausted from being sick.
    Got most of the blocks cut out, just not the tree part.
    May have to rethink that part.
    May have to go back to Charlie Brown tree idea.
    After this swap, I will be taking a much needed break from quilting for other people.
    Going to do some UFO'S(unfinished Fabric Objects).
    Going to be making up about 12 cross stitched birth announcements.
    I'm 3 behind for the family. 1 boy and 2 girls.
    Their patterns will be my favorite patterns Sun Bonnet Sue and Farmer Sam.
    Finishing up Heirloom quilts for 3 nieces,1 nephew and 3 more baby quilts for future great nieces and nephews. Finish my oldest son's 3 D Dragon quilt ( Gram's Thread project), the the last Gram's thread project will be my quilt. Haven't decided on pattern yet. Gram's Thread Projects are stitched with the thread she and my great grandmother used in all their grandchildren's quilts. I have 25 spools of thread left, when it is gone that's it.

HorseMom and COSunflower like this.
  19. COSunflower

I have a ton of UFOs to finish up also!!!!!

Meima6 and MoBookworm1957 like this.
  20. Forcast

Forcast Well-Known Member

Wow is it really hard to switch to a new sewing machine! Oh my your muscular memory is hard to change after so many years using the same machine. Gues it just takes time

MoBookworm1957 and dmm1976 like this.