• I vote to decrease the size of the strips to 1 1/2"

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The original size and strip widths cannot add up to making a 12 1/2" sq.; therefore, we need to decide whether to make the blocks larger (14 1/2" sq. ) and keep the 2 1/2" strips around the 2 1/2" center, or to decrease the strips to 1 1/2" going around the 2 1/2" center. Please cast your vote only if you believe you may participate in this swap.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
If you voted last night, you'll probably need to re-vote as the outage and restore lost some hours of HT action, and about 1/2 the votes I saw last night are not showing now.

That's also why your comments may not be showing elsewhere.

Angie

·
Banned
9,283 Posts
I had entered in the discussion for the Log Cabin block and intended to participate, but I don't think it will work out for me.

So, I will refrain from voting.

My time has become so much more limited since my DH retired almost a year ago. I just don't have very much time to plan and do projects that center primarily around myself.

This is a GOOD thing!

I anticipated that once he retired, life would become, either much more stressful, or much more pleasant.

Thankfully, it has become much more pleasant, but also, more limiting for time spent sewing.

I miss the sewing time, but it has been replaced with more travel time, and more grandbaby time!

(We just returned from a 3 day trip to meet our newest grandson.
He is #11, born on 12-11.)

I look forward to joining you all on the Tattered Pioneer!

·
Premium Member
1,606 Posts
After much measuring, pondering and looking,, I still like the look of the 1 1/2" log strips.. and that is truly my first choice.. however, the 2 1/2" would look more masculine and since this colorway seems to be masculine, I guess the 2 1/2" would be okay for these blocks.. also if a person wanted to do some embroidery on the blocks the wider strips would give you more room..I will participate which ever size strip we decide on.. These decision making and choices are sometimes tediuos, but that's what makes this site so cool.. we all get a say and the majority wins,,as it should!! This block exchange is going to be a wild ride!!
Maxine

·
Premium Member
9,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wild ride is right! I don't think we've ever had swaps that had more questions...LOL. What's really funny is that these swaps were all decided on and voted for by the participants. :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
9,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tallpines, I'm so sorry you won't be able to do this one with us, but I am so thrilled for you for how well things are going with DH and I think we can all agree you need to stay on track with that. It's a true answer to prayer!

·
Premium Member
1,606 Posts
Yes, it is funny.. but we are all pretty strong in our ideas and wants & have definite ideas of how things should be.. which which is why we are on this site to begin with.. and quilters are just cool anyway!! I'm sure glad you ladies caught the problem with the original strip size.. can hardly wait to get sewing..

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
Well, I seem to have missed an entire discussion! I'm glad you girls figured it all out, all I have to do is say, "Yep, that works for me."

Tallpines, sorry to hear you won't be joining us, but much as I like quilting, I'd rather be traveling and spending time with new grandbabies too! You enjoy yourself. I've actually been forbidden to doing anymore quilt sewing, but I intend to participate anyway. I feel sure God meant be submissive when the hubby is being reasonable.

Halo

·
Banned
9,283 Posts
I may get scolded fron deviating from the original thread topic, and, I shouldn't boast~~~but~~~~~:happy:

About the time you all will be trying to meet the deadline on the Log Cabin quilt-----------if all goes according to plan---------:dance:

I will be in Hawaii!

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Well, tallpines - to stay on the quilting topics ---- while in Hawaii (you lucky lady) check out the Hawaiian quilt patterns. Also there is a place or two I bet you get to see fabric.

Enjoy the heck out of it.

Angie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.