2007 Seed Catalogs...

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by seedspreader, Nov 15, 2006.

1. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

What's with the commercialization of Gardening!!! It get's earlier and earlier every year! Keep the Gar... in Garden! Say No to Xden...

Ok, just kidding... but I DID get my "Johnny's" 2007 catalog already. www.johnnyseeds.com Anyone else?

2. tyusclan

tyusclan Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any catalogs yet, but I rarely order anything from a catalog. It's hard to find varieties that do well in the heat down here.

3. Txsteader

Txsteader Well-Known Member

I got one a few weeks ago.....one of the herb seed companies, can't remember which. Maybe I'll be able to find it when it's time to order, in a couple of months, lol.

4. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

Ohhhhhhhh now I'll be sprinting to the mailbox every day until it comes. I'm waiting for both backyard and commercial catalogs. Fedco comes out next month.

I need to order a couple of replacements for things that didn't germ well. I planted cool weather crops in the hoop while it was still too warm for them to germinate well.

5. hengal

hengal Well-Known Member

I got one from Thompson & Morgan seeds a couple of weeks ago. I put it aside for those cold winter days/nights where thumbing through all of those catalogs and planning is one of my favorite winter things! :)

6. Cara

Cara Well-Known Member

I HOPE none come until after I get the Christmas presents finished! If they come sooner, I'll have a BIG problem! :rolleyes:

7. Calico Katie

Calico Katie Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks for the link. I now have a lengthy order to send in and it isn't even Thanksgiving!

8. Kstornado11

Kstornado11 Well-Known Member Supporter

Oh wow... I LOVE seed catalogs! :dance:
    I never order from them,either, but they are great for planning what I am going to plant... this year was my first year w/out a garden, the poultry ATE everything! Gotta figure out how to remedy that and still allow them to free range... :shrug:

9. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

It came! I'm about to curl up on the couch with an eggnog and the catalog.

10. KindredSpirit

KindredSpirit Well-Known Member

Gives procrastinators time to procrastinate and still get their starter plants done in time!!

11. Beaners

Beaners Incubator Addict

And I was just complaining this afternoon that I don't have any catalogues to browse yet. As long as they don't come so early that you want to rework your entire garden, sooner gives me more time to change my mind. And there are always such cool new varieties every year!

Kayleigh