2007 kidding season

Discussion in 'Goats' started by topside1, Jan 13, 2007.

1. topside1

topside1 Retired Coastie Supporter

My 2007 Goat kidding will begin during the first week in February. I will be offering my herds offspring to homestead folks first. I have nine Boer does, all are bred to a Nubian buck. The kids as per genetics should be multi-purpose, for milk, meat, size, and loveable. Anyone interested, just visit our website, my phone number is available within the "for sale" tab. Estimated cost per animal based on sex and date of pickup-$60.00 to $100.00. Visit my homestead anytime and meet my goats. If interested contact me by phone, PM, or E-mail...monterey@twlakes.net Thanks John

[​IMG]

2. susanne

susanne Nubian dairy goat breeder

i bet the does will be nice milkers. i heard the milk from boer dairy crosses are high butterfat with longer lactation than purebreed boers.
    john i like your hayfeeder :) did you built it yourself? how about wasting?

3. topside1

Susanne, the hay feeder was just a junk frame laying in the woods. I added the 2x4 wood by drilling and bolting, also tightened up the distance between the wood slots to help prevent waste. All waste is used in pens as bedding, so far it's been a win-win situation..John

4. Sher

Sher Well-Known Member

I like your feeder also John. My husband built me one just about like it except he built a tray at the bottom of the V to catch the alfalfa leaves.

I think there is less waste than the other feeders we've tried..and we too use what's lost for bedding.

I wish you were closer...I am going to have to find a new buck at some point..and I have been eyeballing a couple of your girls that you have had up in pics. Your goats really do look good.

5. topside1

Sher, once they start hitting the ground I'll send out photos of the 2007 kids, I want to offer them here first because they would be heading home with folks who love goats. Next I'll have to sell the remainder to local folks in the area which shouldn't be a problem, and of course lastly a sale barn which is definitely my last choice.

I only live three miles off I-40 Exit 300, so if anyone is in the market for healthy goats, just call and drop in.