2007 calenders

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by fordson major, Dec 5, 2006.

1. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

saw a nice calender too day, freebee from an insurance broker. had old time tractors(what else?!?!) in old time scenes around the farm and small towns. have too try and get me one!(not our broker :grump: ) there will also be a dog calender, horse calender plus an old car one hanging up round the house! what type of calenders going on your wall? what's the best one you've seen?

2. dagwood

dagwood Well-Known Member

Farm and Ranch Living Magazine puts out a great one every year called Old Iron. Not only great pictures of old restored tractors but loaded with facts concerning the tractors themselves plus a lot of neat specs on each make/model. :) :) :) :)

3. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

4. Beltane

Beltane Enjoying Four Seasons

We always order rescued greyhound calendars. Adopters send their pictures in each year and if they pick yours the mail you a free one. :)

5. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

I actually found a Goat calendar this year! :dance: I was looking at calendars in one of those displays that set up in malls, and I grumbled at the clerk that there were calendars with dogs, cats, horses, pigs, cows, ducks, chickens - but no goats. :grump: Bless his heart, he dug around and found one for me.

I like the sound of that one, Ford. I've been thinking I ought to start photographing old tractors to put into my barn paintings. I'm actually kicking myself - there was a great old barn, just around the corner, that I meant to photograph. It burned down to the ground a couple of weeks ago. Odd design, horizontal siding, like rough clapboard.

6. Spotted Crow

Spotted Crow Well-Known Member

Extraordinary Chickens for the wall and the Witches' Datebook for the table.

7. Charleen

Charleen www.HarperHillFarm.com Supporter

The local 4H goat club puts out a goat calendar, so we buy (and advertise) one of those. We get a farming related calendar from our insurance company (Farm Family Insurance) and Hubby Joe will be getting a train calendar I'm sure.

Any extra calendars are given to our county nursing home. There's usually a small paragraph in the local paper requesting calendars for the people that live there.

8. SweetSarah

SweetSarah Well-Known Member

Ya gotta love Norman Rockwell!

9. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

lot of good calenders here! we also look for sheep calenders! have had the old iron in the past dagwood, interesting blurbs of info throughout ,dupont puts out a nice old trator calender too.
    neonate's is a very scary and special place robin ,hope the family does ok, have a friend (known her all her life) had a premie, quinn has fought hard and now is doing well!! (3yr's old now)
    dogs of any sort have a special place with us beltane, greyhounds are a fav!

pooks may i suggest you try and sketch the barn now while it is still fresh in your memory? shame we are losing so many of these old giants not just too flame but dozer and neglect as well! any painting with critters or machinery is good! glenn loates did a nice barn in winter with sheep, one of his best! old tractor rallies are great places too meet old tractors . there owners are very willing for people too take there babies pictures!
    crow, chikens and roos make good photos. we have an owl calender as well as the others!
    charleen train calenders are great!! though not a fan of the new rail stuff the older engines and cars.........! we do get farm calenders from our supply co.s no 4H local calender though. wish my kids had wanted too do 4 H
    sarah, mister Rockwells art is timeless! in a world where blobs of paint or other stuff is considered art ,his stands tall!

10. MelissaW

MelissaW Well-Known Member

I bought one with castles on it for .99. My main criterea is big squares with plenty of space to write things in! My husband brought one home from work yesterday. It was from Makita...I'm sure many of you (guys especially) know what is on those. That one has to go in the equipment barn. :rolleyes:

11. MaryNY

MaryNY Well-Known Member