20 yards of junk

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Jena, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

Well, we filled that dumpster up in less than six hours. I still have plenty of junk to go. I smashed it down with the loader twice, as well as artfully stacking the junk while it was being filled.

The only "finds" are...

an old iron, new in the box.

A slightly used toaster oven.

A very ugly, yet totally 70's, wall clock

couple of crystal lamps

and my FAVORITE...

a ceramic hand with the shape of a rather well known international signal for frustration. That cracked me up.

The house is now empty. The first shed is mostly empty. Didn't touch the leaning shed or the garage. Guess I'll have to pay another $375 for them to dump and return the dumpster. What a drag.

I also found another fridge that we somehow missed on the first appliance run. Oh well.

We did find some old "male enhancement" solutions, a very old bottle of peach brandy, a snappy bowler, complete with a feather in the band and my son took a bright green sport coat. Vintage dressing at it's finest.

That is not too many interesting things for 20 square yards of crap.

Jena

2. gilberte

gilberte Well-Known Member Supporter

What? No 50 year old cheese sandwiches that resemble the baby Jesus :confused:

3. antiquestuff

antiquestuff Well-Known Member

No old lanterns or lamps? You never know what they're worth if you found any-even in bad shape.Any old lighting fixtures? I'm surprised-usually some of these things turn up-most get thrown out by the unknowing person. You must have seen some stuff better than this-even if you don't know what it is...I've never seen an old house or shed full of "junk" without some odd things people generally don't recognize..

4. luvrulz

luvrulz Well-Known Member Supporter

Ever go around an old house with a metal detector? Might find some old coins or jewelry and make it worthwhile to pay for that dumpster! :haha:

Might be a great hobby to get into!

5. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

Gee I forgot. Whole pie, still in the box. My guess would have been pecan, but not sure. I didn't look at it long enough for any divine messages to get through.

6. gilberte

gilberte Well-Known Member Supporter

A couple hours, a good bottle of wine, a nice quiet setting. I think I see something. Yes, it's a $3,000.00 e-bay masterpiece disguised as an old pecan pie. Jena...JENA WAKE UP, I think that wine made you dozey :D