2 deer with 1 arrow.

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by pancho, Nov 5, 2006.

1. pancho

pancho Well-Known Member

A man in Ms. has killed two deer with one arrow. The arrow pierced the lungs and clipped the heart of one doe and passed through her and cut the jugular on a doe grazing beside her. The first doe went about 75 yards and the second one went about 75 yards further.

2. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

I used to have a friend thats done that twice using rifles but never with a bow.

3. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy

Now THAT is something you dont hear of to often LOL..

4. Haggis

Haggis MacCurmudgeon

Two with one arrow? :dance:

I've been waiting for just about ever to line up two in front of my rifle sights.

5. staceyfb

staceyfb Well-Known Member

Well in the first place, you learn at a very early age in Hunters Saftey that you do not take a shot at anything without a clear knowledge of what is on the other side. In the this state we get more than one tag for bowhunting but I don't think that taking that shot with those chances is very ethical or responsible. I have shot many a deer and have had only one not have a total pass through. For that reason I have passed some awfully easy chip shots due to that fact that the fawn was standing on the otherside of the doe.
    So as commendable as this may sound to some it not a very responsible act to be bragging about as a hunter.

6. "Ah, that aint nothin, I've killed two deer with one arrow before!"

Just not at the same time tho. Just two deer with the same arrow shot twice! :nerd:

7. Highground

Highground Well-Known Member

Did that once me own self. In two different states. :p

8. bob clark

bob clark A man's man

I know deer hunters that hunt in two states. drunk and sober :p

9. 6e

6e Farm lovin wife Supporter

Man, I wish we'd just see ONE deer! We've not seen much less had a shot at not one deer so far this season.

10. Cornhusker

Cornhusker Unapologetically me Supporter

Come shoot them out of our yard. They scratch themselves on the satellite dish.

11. pancho

pancho Well-Known Member

It was in the newspaper. The man knew what was on the other side, another deer. She was slightly behind the other deer, just happened to reach down to graze when the arrow passed through and it cut her throat.
    The hunter was in a tree stand and the likelyhood of that happening is very slim, even if you try.
    In Ms. you can just about kill any number of deer that you want. We are covered up with deer, especially does. Don't even need a tag, for bucks or does.

12. 6e

6e Farm lovin wife Supporter

It's been awful right around us. We usually see lots of deer and we haven't seen but maybe two or three. We haven't even seen any signs of them down in the woods. No trails, no scrapes nothing.

My hubby is about a half a heart beat away from giving up this year and going ahead and going down and cutting firewood out of the woods. (he doesn't do any work in the woods until deer season is over) The only two deer that we've seen since last spring has been a doe and her fawn and they're the only ones we've seen for about 3 square miles.

13. HeatherDriskill

HeatherDriskill Well-Known Member

When I was a kid I overheard my grandpa asking my dad if he ever heard of anyone doing that and I remember thinking that would be the coolest thing ever.

14. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

I wish I could send the jerks who have been hunting illegally from the road into my yard for birds. At least at your house they could be useful and legal.

15. staceyfb

staceyfb Well-Known Member

Stil doesn't make it ethical to take a risky shot. It is risky if there is a deer on the otherside of the animal he is shooting.

16. suburbanite

suburbanite Well-Known Member

N. Calif./was USDA 9b before global warming
    It was a risky shot, but I'm glad that the deer did not suffer long. The worst would have been if either of the deer had had a gut shot requiring hours of tracking to find them before they died.

17. WolfWalksSoftly

WolfWalksSoftly Level II -Inappropriate

That aint nothin..I once killed an 8 point buck with my bare hands :angel: :)

18. mdharris68

mdharris68 Well-Known Member

Any details? I have always thought about that but only in the case of survival.

19. Philbee

Philbee Well-Known Member

You good old boys are a real hoot! I can hardly wait to share all of this with my buddies at work.

20. WolfWalksSoftly

WolfWalksSoftly Level II -Inappropriate

Details?......Well it was like this. My buddy had to ummm relieve himself while at Deer Camp, he had earlier ben messin with Doe Urine..so you can imagine what the Buck had on his mind..soooooo since my buddy couldn't defend himself being in a lets say compromised position..I helped him out....course eveyone else at the camp wanted me to wait so they could see how things played out..lol