2 Bucks

Discussion in 'Goats' started by jwcinpk, Jul 23, 2004.

1. jwcinpk

jwcinpk Well-Known Member

I have 2 big Boer 100% bucks and I have kept them seperated for fear they would fight it out to the death. However I now have a large feild for my goat lot and was wondering what you guys thought about turning them both in with the ladies. I'd say they have a good 7.5 acres to run in with plenty of grass, trees, bushes, and the pond. I hate hearing my big ole billy hollering for the ladies and not getting to be with em. Plus he is a wonderful protector. He actually chased the horses for the first few days he was with them.

2. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

You could try it but they would probably fight, if not constantly then on and off. Are there hiding places for one to get away from the other?

3. okgoatgal2

okgoatgal2 Well-Known Member

other than the fighting, the other concern would be parentage. if one buck throws something undesirable (slow growth rate, perhaps) how will you know which buck if they both run w/the girls? perhaps cross fence and split the does between the bucks?

4. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

They will fight. You could put them in Yellowstone Park and they would still fight for the does. Especialy since they have been seperated and both know they can whip the world.