2-05 Snowstorm

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by BCR, Feb 24, 2005.

1. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Anyone else following this story for the Eastern US?: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7024244/

Looks like we might have something to consider next week. Right now we have wet snow falling but the temps aren't really cold enough to cause problems.

2. Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever Life NRA Member since 1976 Supporter

3. 3girls

3girls Well-Known Member

Started snowing in Philly a little after noon. Supposed to be 9-10" B-R-R-R

4. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Well, we have about 6 inches from yesterday but school is in session. The one coming Monday is still being sorted out.

5. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Yup, 6 - 8" last night. Maybe will stop the Postal Persons but the garbage guys made their appointed rounds. :haha:

This is getting to be the winter of our discontent. :(

6. TnMtngirl

TnMtngirl Well-Known Member Supporter

We havent had enough snow to cover the ground all winter.I would like to see one good snow fall,it just dont seem normal not to have any more than we have had.But its still winter,I have seen some deep snows in march.Mary

7. pamda

pamda Well-Known Member Supporter

Do you suppose if I brag about the weather here it would backfire and we'd get somemore wet weather? It's almost 60 outside and very sunny. Boy we are going to be dry here this summer. I don't like snow but I would like it now. PAM

8. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

I am so tired of the winter I could just cry. I don' think we're in line for that snowstorm here (northern IL), but just the cold temps is enough to do me in at this point... We did hit 40 degrees today, though, with some sunshine, which did help a bit.

Too bad for me that all of the people I love prefer to live where it's snowy and cold. All this gibberish about "Oh! I LOVE having four seasons!" just doesn't make any sense to me. If they'd all come with me, I'd hightail it out of here for warmer climes so fast your head would spin!!

Pony!
    (Cabin Feven and longing for SPRING!)

9. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Well, the first part came in the form of rain. Guess the 55 degree F weather yesterday slowed it down. Other parts of our state got snow but our little pocket is wet with snow coming now that the temps dropped. Any New Englanders get smacked?

10. Irish Pixie

Irish Pixie "You have to be odd to be number one." Dr Seuss

It's on it's way to upstate NY too. It's about time we got some decent snow.

Stacy

11. nans31

nans31 Well-Known Member

I agree with you Pam! I'm along Wa/Or border and we're having wildfires here already! It is going to be a very bad summer I'm afraid. The weather is drastic one way or another, with all the rain in California, and the snow in the east!

12. appjuli

appjuli Member

Finally! We needed a good snowstorm. We've gotten something in the 6-12" range - it's hard to say because it gets slushy, snows a little more, gets slushy...

The kids were outside making snow chairs - it's not a good sledding snow, but it packs well. Black bean chili is on the stove, and we're enjoying the day off!

We're expecting snow through Wed. Hooray!

Juli, in the Blue Ridge of NC

13. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Well, we are now getting snow--and it is finally sticking after a wet day. Supposed to get about 4-7 inches overnight. The kids are looking forward to it.

14. margo

margo Well-Known Member

BCR- I saw some pics of Beckley on the Weather Channel today, looks like you'all will have more to ski on.......still rain down here in the river hollow with flakes at times, but the ground's a bit too warm for it to stick yet. stay warm and dry .............Margo

15. coalroadcabin

coalroadcabin Well-Known Member

Well, the report from the Shenandoah Valley in VA is snow. It has finally stopped snowing (hopefully for good) we ended up with about 11 inches here in Augusta County-might have had more fall but the temps climbed a bit this afternoon-the weather man is saying that we may get some freezing drizzle tonight (oh joy :rolleyes: ) and maybe a scattering of snow showers tomorrow. Okey dokey folks--that's all the winter weather I want so whoever is in charge of the white stuff can back off on the pump until next winter, 'kay?