Homesteading Forum banner

1st attempt training sock - photos

681 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Marchwind 
#1 ·
Since all of you are my mentors on this effort - thought I'd show you show this FIRST sock (the training sock pattern with worsted) came out. I'm thinking not too bad for a 1st sock.

right side

left side

Showing the loose hole area where I picked up the stitches
Is this decent for a first try?

And then the toe, head on. I tried that stitch as to knit on one needle, then purl on the other back and forth. Looks a little holey yet. Maybe I did not get a stitch very well.

I'm rather pleased with it. Not super great, but recognizable.

What do you think?

Angie

See less See more
#8 ·
I'm guessing that nobody told you sock making is addictive. Bwa-a ha- ha- ha!!! You'll soon get a craving for sock yarn and small dp needles. Don't fight it.

#9 ·
Maura -
I've already spend Christmas money on a bamboo set of american size 7s to do the matching sock to the photo'd one, and a set of #2 and a $15 skien of sock yarn that will make a pair.

Then I saw a beautiful turquoise blue/blue varigated that's really soft, that's worsted weight - so I figure I can use the size 7's to try a full sized pair out of that yarn.

Yep, I can see another addiction forming, (as IF I needed another addition related to fibers, and fabric and yarn and such).

Angie

#10 ·
Great job Angie. Making socks is a lot of fun and addicting. I made DH a pair for Christmas and he loves them. I now have to make another pair for my sister. Mom wants me to make them out of this varigated red yarn she had. I don't know how they will turn out since its acrylic.
DC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.