15 and counting......

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by Up North, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Up North

Up North KS dairy farmers

I got cold and tired so if there are any more piglets coming they are on their own. This is our biggest litter yet. The most we have had is 12 born. Be interesting to see how many make it to morning. Had a piglet just a little bit bigger than a mouse born. Really vigorous but just too small. Well, now I know who the light owls are on HT!

Good Night,
    Heather

2. Ronney

Ronney Well-Known Member

Good God :) I hope she has the teats to handle them all?

Don't discount those mouse sized piglets. We had one like that several years ago, strong, healthy but tiny. He survived and is now a breeding boar further north. We called him Little Pink Pig and he's still called that despite the fact that he grew into a massive boar. I've seen his progeny and wish I had never parted with him.

Look forward to an update.

Cheers,
    Ronnie

3. myheaven

myheaven Well-Known Member Supporter

Are these from the herford? Im still interested in the herfords I have been so busy i dont get time for the puter. I still plan on breeding piggy sue I still have a ton of ai questions I hope to get time later to pm you about all my ? no one more question WHERE ARE THE PICTURES lol jk. Cant wait to see.

4. Up North

With travel to see family, etc. The mouse didn't make it and one spotted boar baby was lost as well :Bawling: 13 Live Healthy piglets remain. Beth - This litter was sired by Scrap, the 1/2 Herford 1/2 York Cross Boar. Babies all have his shovel, LOL. Pics to come...

5. Up North

[​IMG]
    Here's a couple of boars with the white Hereford face. As you can see below most of them are white though.
    [​IMG]

6. montysky

montysky Well-Known Member

Congrats on the large littler, too bad on losing two of them. still 13 strong young ones is good.

7. myheaven

OHHHH OHHHHH I want one of the boys!!!!!!!! They are so cute. I want the redder one. Do you know if your herford non registered girl is expecting. I want 3 girls from her. They are all so cute I want them all lol. Just kidding if I came home with that many pigs I believe id be devorced lol. Well have to talk more later. Gotta get kids ready for bed. Thank you Heather Beth

8. myheaven

is the young boar on the right the one with a spotty butt in the litter pic? We are so in love with the little spotty butt. The kids keep saying awwwwww!!!!! We love them.
    Beth. The kids want to talk.

the boar is so cool. i love the eyes. From Jarred
    the pigs with polk-a-dotted butt are cute. from katana.

9. Up North

Yeh, that's the same pig. He's my favorite too.

Heather

10. Misty

Misty Misty Gonzales

Good job guys!!!!!!!!!!!! We started kidding on Monday. Only two does, and the rest will start in December sometime. Our first litter is due January 10th.

11. milkinpigs

milkinpigs Dairy/Hog Farmer

Need you to send a couple of the gilts by UPS........have the Nurse's Christmas shopping done without going to the mall.....

12. tyusclan

tyusclan Well-Known Member

Great looking litter! I love the spotted pigs, too.