145 days!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by GoldenWood Farm, Mar 26, 2006.

1. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

Excited is a understatment! Lol :dance: . Today is day 145 and I am starting to do butt checks and lig checks much to my poor does annoyance :rolleyes: . Can hardly wait until baby time :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: ! 2 look like they could be carrying triplets. Wahoo!

I will let yall know when they go into labor. I am hoping for bunches of doe kids!

MotherClucker

2. posifour11

posifour11 Well-Known Member

don't camp in the goat house like i did. she knew i wanted babies and purposely took longer, at least that's what i tell myself :Bawling:

3. Ramblin Acres

Ramblin Acres Well-Known Member

Yes it is finally getting closer for us too_Our does start freshing at the end of April all the way thru June. We like warm weather babies much better then the cold weather...

4. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

I' doing a late night barn check too.....my only first freshener (3yo grade nubian) has the nicest udder....I am so excited....We did get early babies out of my girl that milks just on one side....bucklings...

5. SHELBY

SHELBY Well-Known Member

:Bawling: We don't have a date on ours.

We've been checking in on her though. Just never know.

6. GoldenWood Farm

Shelby I feel for you :Bawling: . I don't have a date on three of my does :help: . Which really really sucks. 2 are carrying triplets or maybe even quads :eek: . And the other one I think twins or SMALL triplets.

All I know is between middle of April until the middle of June they could be due :help: .

Lol guess we will both find out when they are due when we find kids out there huh :shrug: .

Nothing yet from my gals that are due :Bawling: . Lol....I was so hoping to have them kid this weekend when I DON'T have to work :Bawling: .

MotherClucker

7. famer_manda

famer_manda I Love CHICKENS!

How do you know when its time?

8. GoldenWood Farm

What do you mean Amanda?

MotherClucker

9. SHELBY

SHELBY Well-Known Member

Mother clucker

I am beginning to think that Tassie is having twins. While feeling her tonight we could feel one under the belly and one almost up by her back.

Her lig are about the same, but she must have had some fort of discharge because she has a crusty spot on her tail.

She does appear to be a little thinner on the right side then she was before, but she'll probably go another week or so, cause I have a wedding cake to make for about 100 people next week so I will be busy and that is probably when she will decide to go.

10. SHELBY

SHELBY Well-Known Member

Amanda

There is a website fiascofarm I think that has alot of kidding info on it.. Check that one out.

11. GoldenWood Farm

You would be suprised at how well they can hide a third one :rolleyes: . Lol ask me how I know that :eek: . Amanda like Shelby said try Fiasco Farm as they are wonderful!

One big thing I know when they are ready to deliver is they start nesting. That is almost a sure sign they are close that and stretching alot or yawning. Now by close it could mean by a few hours or by a few days (3-4 days).

My goats are brats and don't like to let me know when they will kid :bash: :croc: .

MotherClucker
    ps: I am bad....EVERYTIME I go outside I head to the barn to check ligs and see what the gals are doing. Rainy has gotten to where she keeps her butt away from me :nana: . Lol..little brat.

12. SHELBY

SHELBY Well-Known Member

ps: I am bad....EVERYTIME I go outside I head to the barn to check ligs and see what the gals are doing. Rainy has gotten to where she keeps her butt away from me . Lol..little brat.

Tassie is starting that too.

They're just here to drive us nuts, I tell you.

13. GoldenWood Farm

You see the story of what happened last year with little miss Rainy is my dad and I went down to town to get some stuff. I thought for sure rainy wouldn't kid yet. She had her ligaments and everything. So my mom goes out to check on her anyways and do some other stuff. She goes back out a hour later and there is standing a little kid almost all dried off and nursing.

So Rainy lost her ligaments and kidded all within a hour's time. And my other doe Ricoalette kidded at night with also no signs that she was anywhere near being ready..

And then I have my first freshener whom I have no idea what she will do. :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars:

Yep..gotta love it when they keep you on your toes. I am extra watchful with these gals seeing as they are so good at hiding when they are ready. Did I mention that my first kidding of the year happened 3 days before I thought she would go? All I had to go on was a gut instinct and her making a nest :stars: .

Lol I am wishing both you and me luck Shelby..we shall stick together during this trying time :buds: .

MotherClucker

14. GoldenWood Farm

They are loosing their ligaments! Lol...not by much though. They are only slightly softer... Sad how excited I can be about that.

MotherClucker

15. famer_manda

famer_manda I Love CHICKENS!

Thanks for the link. What I meant was, how do you know when the time comes for them to kid. As you might have read in another thread, I just bought two sister pygmy goats and one is likely pregnant. I have no dates to go by. The guy had no idea for sure if she was pregnant. He let the bucks and does run together all the time. I wanted to know what I should look for to figure out as soon as possible when that time will be coming. Her udders are full but not the things they actually suck on. I dont know what those are called. But the bag part seems full. I read that, that is a sign that shes t owards the end of pregnancy. She has not had babies before so there would be no other reason for the bag being ready. The other doe does not have that so I am trying to figure this all out :p

16. goatladie

goatladie JustALittleGoatCrazy....

The ends are called teats, a good sign is to watch for is that the udder can be viewed behind her legs as well as in front of her legs when viewed from the side view. Raised tailhead is good (you probably saw that on fiasco farms, (they have some great photos of it), and you can also keep checking the ligaments. http://tyny.com/ligaments.html This link describes it pretty well, they can feel lose for a while, but when she is closer they will really start to disappear and then they will be gone! Keeping a good close eye on her will be your best way of telling, you will start to see more subtle changes. Also, when she appears to be a little skinnier - a sign that the kids are moving into position...
    Some more good sites for signs:
    http://jekuthiel.com/pggoats.html
    http://www.ics.uci.edu/~pazzani/4H/Pigman.html
    http://www.kinne.net/ob1.htm

17. SHELBY

SHELBY Well-Known Member

As of yet, nothing

About the only thing different about her today is we are noticing her biting at her sides and flicking her tail a little.

Lig still feel the same.

18. GoldenWood Farm

Same here shelby :Bawling: . Just watch...they will all go into labor 5 minutes before I have to leave for work :bash: . Thankfully I am off tomorrow...so maybe tomorrow they will kid?

MotherClucker

19. Starsmom

Starsmom Well-Known Member

Our first time freshener is at day 145 and our 2nd timer is at either day 144 or day 134 (she was bred and then appeared to come into heat 10 days later and bred again) the first timer is spending alot of time laying down, while other one paces like a nervous nellie. I can't wait, although I do have a 3 week old foal to play with in the mean time.

20. SHELBY

SHELBY Well-Known Member

still waiting!!!!!!!