13 shopping days left

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Speciallady, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

And I have barely gotten started. I went to dollar store yesterday and picked up Men in Black II for my son for $2.00, an art kit for Jalynn for $2.00 three snow globes a football, three kids toothbrush holders, battleship and a whinnie the pooh color wonder set for $4.00

2. Melissa

Melissa member

I am mostly done, need to do the stocking stuffers yet.

3. PineRidge

PineRidge Well-Known Member

I've got everyone (even the in laws!) done except for my two sons. For some reason they have me stumped this year. I hate to get this close and still have to buy gifts. I always feel rushed and crowded stores make me feel anxious.

4. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

I have completed everything except the box to a family who really needed help and my own children. Since their lists are very short, they can expect to get exactly what they asked for. Nice lists, too. They all wanted sheets, big towels, etc. Nothing really expensive. DH only wants new batteries for his power tools, so that's what he's getting. We pick up his Christmas bonus and that's what we use for our own household. Next year, it's all home made, all the time. I can't wait to get started.

5. roadless

roadless Well-Known Member Supporter

Oh Speciallady, my stomach actually flopped when I read your thread title. Normally I am done with shopping and my house is decorated but not this year. In fact I am still in my pjs right now ! I am recuperating from surgery and didn't go to work all last week. I am trying to remember that the people that love me will understand and that it will all work out. There is still the part of me that is angry that I am not superwomen and can do it all! :Bawling:

6. mommagoose_99

mommagoose_99 Well-Known Member

I just got started on Saturday and am only half finished with my purchases. Got the tree up and decorated last night and made an attempt at looking for my Christmas Card List but couldn't find it. This has been a horrible year and I will be glad to start over fresh next year. Hubby and I decided not to give each other gifts. We have spent enough on trying to repair all our flood damage. Not having to worry about getting washed away is a big enough gift. Oh yah our well is messed up and I need to call someone with a back hoe to dig up the pipe. More merry christmas Hah.
    Linda

7. painterswife

painterswife Sock puppet reinstated Supporter

I am done! Actually never started.

We have no kids and both do not feel the need to spend jus because it is Xmas.

I would rather buy something for someone just because , I want to not because of some comercialized holiday.

Nieces and nephews learn early that I love them and presents can show up when they least expect it.

I di buy when they were very young but it was usually a grab bag of markers , crayons, stickers and books. In other words stuff to keep them busy while we were cooking dinner.

8. sweet_mae

sweet_mae sweet_mae Supporter

man where did the time go :) nope, not done yet but I am getting the cards addressed. lol