1020 trays?

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Pouncer, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Pouncer

Pouncer Well-Known Member

Two links that I had bookmarked for wholesale propagation trays are busted. I am trying to find a wholesaler with a good rep on the West Coast, given the shipping costs up here to Alaska. I did find one place that worked out to $59 per 100, but I had to take 500 and now I can't find them online.

I *think* it was McConkey Co. Can anyone get into their website? Or, does anyone know a place in WA state that will wholesale?

Thanks in advance!

2. tchan

tchan Well-Known Member

Have you tried Carlin Horticultural? They seem to have quite a selection. Also on Ebay you can find some stuff. I have to put in a big order this spring for nursery pots but since McConkey seems to not be there I guess I will go with Carlin.

3. Marcia in MT

Marcia in MT Well-Known Member Supporter

We buy from McConkey's regularly and are very pleased with their price and service.

From their latest newsletter:

www.mcconkeyco.com

PO Box 1690
    Sumner, WA 98390-0369

800-426-8124

Hope this helps!

4. Paquebot

Paquebot Well-Known Member

5. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Well-Known Member

try ebay look under greenhouse supplies. I got great deals on overstocked and left over trays and sixpacks and ninepacks.

6. randy in central missouri

randy in central missouri Well-Known Member

hummert is a good store, website and has a great catalog for growers.
    randy

7. kasilofhome

kasilofhome Well-Known Member

Pouncer Trust Worty in Soldotna, Alaska sells that stuff really cheap in bulk. Contact them. By the way the price for pint wide mouth jars was $7.89 a doz. and for Alaska prices that is great. Shipping would be cheap as it would be in state.

8. Pouncer

Pouncer Well-Known Member

Kasilofhome, thanks so much.....contacted a friend who has a greenhouse (mostly perennials but she does do annuals too) and she orders through Alaska Mill in "Los Anchorage", but I have given her the link to McConkey direct so we'll see. That's a decent price on pint jars but this fall I found pints on "closeout" at WalMart and picked up another dozen cases. They were $7.28 with tax-I about fell over, lol

One can never have too many wide mouth pints!!

9. kasilofhome

kasilofhome Well-Known Member

What is special about Trustworthy is they really beat out the large chains on so many prices. The price for the jars was the season price. I am pretty sure that the price that they had the trays was 88cents on sale but the season price was a dollar each last season.

Also in April they have a blow out sale. There are item with special that last for a week and then bonas daily sales. I wish that I had 49 dollars the day I saw the 8by 12 portable greenhouse which norm went for 169 dollars for less than 50

They have specials on gardening hand tools that are 75% less than Fred Meyer prices.
    They are the place to go for gloves.

I sound like an ad for them. It is just that they have special ordered items for me (special bar for a very old chainsaw) They stand behind the products, treat employee pretty good. (ok very good from what I have personally seen)