Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized that I've been an HT member since 2004....
10 years last month. I rarely look at the top right where it
states the 'join date' and #posts.

I remember ( I think ) first posting on Homesteading Questions
long before posting much on ST. I found the site on a search
I don't even remember now. I just knew it seemed the place
to go for all the country living info I ever might need, and
just sometimes shoot the bull, give help if I can just because
I want to.

Sometimes I post a lot and sometimes take a break. Sometimes
shut down from TMI... Too much internet. All in all, it's a
pretty good place to go in cyber land.

I am well grounded at zen stead, my piece if earthly country
and nature living, we'll over 20 years now. Hard to believe,
The adventure continues......

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't claim anything like that... But I started subscribing to Countryside and Small Stock Stock Journal in 1966...
I discovered Small Stock Journal probably around late 70s
along with Mother Earth News . Might have subscribe for it
some years back when I subscribed to so many other
magazines. My favourites were Harrowsmith and Ontario
Out of Doors.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I liked Harrowsmith in the old days, but never got along with Mother...

Reactions: Twp.Tom

·
Premium Member
7,215 Posts
Happy ten year anniversary MW. Hope to see you around in another ten...and twenty...and thirty. Forty would be really pushing our luck I think, and in my case, God's patience.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I think I would like to stick around for another 40... Depends...

Reactions: Twp.Tom

·
Voice of Reason
52,196 Posts
I just realized that I've been an HT member since 2004....
10 years last month.
Same here, but I was posting here for about a year before joining.

Before Sept 2004 we could post anonymously, then we simply signed posts with some kind of moniker. Membership became a requirement to post starting in Sept 2004, so we couldn't post or view a lot of forums if we didn't join. That's why you'll see a lot of Sept 2004 join dates around here.

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
Congrats on the 10 year anniversary. I was on the old Lusenet forum back in 1999 and when the switch was made from Lusenet to here, my "join" date was 5/10/2002. I reckon all together I have been around around 15 years give or take a few months.

Ardie is a long timer too and there are a few others, seems as if some come and go, and there are the old familiars. Glad to see you made it ten years, may you be here another tenthirtyish years :)

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Happy ten year anniversary MW. Hope to see you around in another ten...and twenty...and thirty. Forty would be really pushing our luck I think, and in my case, God's patience.
RW,
Maybe I could pass the torch to a younger moonwolf
that could keep posting, maybe even reach year 2100
with moonwolf 2G posts.
I wonder what the heck 'modern homesteading' will look
like then?

·
Premium Member
7,215 Posts
MW, are you sure you want to get into changing diapers on your zen stead? Those darn little curtain climbers have "boogery" noses too. :D

B

·
0 Posts
I was on lusenet in 1998, and was on HT until ? 2002 I think..started my own forum for any Christian homesteaders who were interested.. We had a lengthy spell back then of people blasting anyone who said,"Lord willing"or asked for prayers.. People wandered away from my little piece of cyberspace, HT got over the anti-prayer issues, and I started posting here again in 2005...I have to say that HT has changed a great deal..I liked it the way it was before..ST has changed as well, but for the better IMHO.. :)

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MW, are you sure you want to get into changing diapers on your zen stead? Those darn little curtain climbers have "boogery" noses too. :D
You got that right!
But, no mr. Wreck moowolf won't be changing any humanling
diapers. I'm more into duck poo compost and general
zen steading, but I love the info I've gotten over the years on
HT.
I'll figure something out about passing the torch. You'll
just have to wait a few more decades.lol

·
Premium Member
15,516 Posts
I was on lusenet in 1998, and was on HT until ? 2002 I think..started my own forum for any Christian homesteaders who were interested.. We had a lengthy spell back then of people blasting anyone who said,"Lord willing"or asked for prayers.. People wandered away from my little piece of cyberspace, HT got over the anti-prayer issues, and I started posting here again in 2005...I have to say that HT has changed a great deal..I liked it the way it was before..ST has changed as well, but for the better IMHO.. :)
Yes, HT has changed a lot. Don't always like the changes but then, life is a series of changes. It's far more impersonal and with ppl having multiple personalities, it doesn't have that "family" feel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts