Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
One year when I lived there we had snow as late as April 15 and then had it as early as September 15 the same year, lol. On a different day, it also dropped from 90 to 20 overnight and dropped 2-1/2 feet of snow. Then there was the time we went to Georgetown in shorts and ending up having a blizzard before we left. But I loved it!

I'd much rather have snow and cold there than here in Oklahoma. Their snow is dry and disappears pretty quick, ours is a huge slushy mess that hangs around for weeks, refreezing into rough and bumpy or almost invisible black ice. They plow the roads up there, down here they don't even sand or salt anything but the most major highways.

I'll trade you for the winter. :D

·
Shut the front door!
15,001 Posts
There is no winter in Naples Florida......southern bound baby!!!

Reactions: MOSSYNUT

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
I saw you got snow and was wishing I was there, lol! Wanna trade now?? :D Sorry it hit you before you were ready though.

It was actually pretty cool for us here today, barely 70 for a high today when normal temps would be 90-100, and it's cloudy.

·
Shut the front door!
15,001 Posts
We're still hot and muggy here and need some drier weather for haying (rained four out of seven days last week). As for being prepared, well, there is kindling and a couple of logs laid in the wood stove awaiting a match. I'm kinda' looking forward to cooler weather.
I am SO looking forward to the time when I say, and MEAN the same thing!!!
I so love the South.

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
Instead of trading, just come keep me warm!?:happy:
Better be careful, I'm dying to get out of Oklahoma, lol! Sounds like you need some flannel sheets and a dog to curl up with. :D

I've missed Colorado terribly, but from everything I've heard I'm not sure I'd want to go back there now, seems like too much has changed. My dream these days is the Oregon coast. :)

·
Have a Great Day!
5,197 Posts
700 feet above Sea level here*, 59F. right now, high of 65F. tomorrow . Closed all the windows for the evening. It is nice and brisk outside. Shook off my light jacket today, as I took a ride around the property on the quad. Things are about to get real colorful soon*-Love It!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Thinks are weird here. We haven't had a frost yet. The grass is still growing.
For the next two weeks there is no frost. At this rate we might get into October without snow!
But I do sympathize with the O.P. Winter coming before one is prepared for it is a dismal business. May it be as short as it is sharp.

·
Banned
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Better be careful, I'm dying to get out of Oklahoma, lol! Sounds like you need some flannel sheets and a dog to curl up with. :D

I've missed Colorado terribly, but from everything I've heard I'm not sure I'd want to go back there now, seems like too much has changed. My dream these days is the Oregon coast. :)
If you love Colorado, take I-70 West! :clap: I have the dog, just bring the sheets. lol

Anyway, I fired up the wood boiler last night and all is well. I have 20 cords of firewood ready for it, but I still have about 20 dead standing on the back 5 that need to come out. And I would like to have 100 bags of pellets for the back-up pellet stove. But with 1500 gallons of propane for the propane boiler here for back-up for the back-up, I'm not worried.

But I still need to finish up on getting down the 3 pallets of cement, and 2 pallets of pavers for the walkways and run-off erosion control. ntm, winterizing everything else.

It's hard to find good help dont'cha/know!?!?

:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts