Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should cnn lose their twitter account for not following the science?

this statement is ridiculous on its own, and beyond absurd when coupled with their picture.

paul

·
Registered
541 Posts
Must be written from the prospective of a journalist.... if you can call them that.... who is used to all there scraps going into there garbage, or the sink garbage grinder... Not realizing the processing it takes to make this waste useable through the waste water treatment system..

Like said, kitchen waste on the farm, and livestock waste goes into either compost or directly back into crop land.. But then if they were talking about brain surgery to those that knew as little about it as they seem to, they would all believe anything that is said regardless of how wrong they get the facts...

My 5 cents of opinion...
= = = =
I see they have a blue check next to their account logo. Oh boy.
++ ++ ++
What does that mean ?? ??

·
Registered
11,120 Posts
What is the blue check?

"The verified blue badge is an important way to let people know that the account you are interacting with is indeed a public figure, celebrity, brand or entity."

In other words, you are considered by the fake media to be bonified.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Since when do mainstream media need facts? Facts almost always makes a "story" loose dramatic effect. Affect. I always get those two confused.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Since when do mainstream media need facts? Facts almost always makes a "story" loose dramatic effect. Affect. I always get those two confused.
FYI
Effect = the result (sometimes used as a verb meaning to bring something about as in "to effect a change")
Affect = to influence or impact

Example: The medication did not affect his disease although the side effect of growing an extra arm was somewhat disturbing.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a lot of stuff left in the fields after harvest.

Birds and things have to eat too.
FYI
Effect = the result (sometimes used as a verb meaning to bring something about as in "to effect a change")

Example: The medication did not affect his disease although the side effect of growing an extra arm was somewhat disturbing.
Their they’re.

Paul

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I guess the author was absent in the 4th grade on the day they went over The Carbon Cycle.....ALL food is made from co2 that started in the atmpshere and will return there whether or not it ran thru someone's GI tract first or not....No net change in co2.

They didn't even get the wastage right-- more like 1/3rd of all produced is wasted. Food Waste FAQs | USDA

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
But it's ok to sell it on ugly food sights. But god forbid you give it to hungry people for free. Just like grocery stores throwing good food in dumpsters and locking them or locking up dumpster divers.

·
Registered
34,202 Posts
But it's ok to sell it on ugly food sights. But god forbid you give it to hungry people for free. Just like grocery stores throwing good food in dumpsters and locking them or locking up dumpster divers.
Tell us more

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
FYI

Thank you. It's been explained to me several times. I'll still manage to get it wrong.

·
Registered
11,120 Posts
It’s CNN. Enough said.
CNN will now be adding an addition to their great network entitled CNN+.
You have to pay a subscription fee but you'll get more of the same great level of fact and intellect brought to you by the Airport Channel.

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
We're Americans! We have a Constitutional right to be wasteful.(One of those ammendments must say that) You can't tell me to clean up my plate---you're not my Mother, and besides, I earned it. If I want to throw it away, I will.

I've eaten boiled platter beef (cow belly with the two inch layer of fat)--and homemade noodles. Beef heart. Pork kidney stew. Fried carp. Fried wild rabbit. Chicken toes. Ground falls with the brown spots cut out. Bread from the day old store with the moldy slices sorted out. Homemade cornbread--bit sifted, frst.....

IT will take another, bigger pandemic, a broken government, a big war, international famine, drought, flood. Americans may even stop spraying their lawns with Diazinon so they can dig out the grubs and roast them over a wood fire for supper..

Nope. we're not hungry enough, yet.

geo

·
Super Moderator
16,813 Posts
Tell us more
When I was a kid in California my Dad would have us get greens from the store garbage for the rabbits. The store owner stopped us because he said if we were caught he could get a fine. My Dad was mad, as he hates the thought of waste and the critters loved the greens, but our government is what it is.

By the same token the government is fine with the homeless scrounging for edibles (as long as it is not in store garbage bins), but it is illegal to hand out peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because they were not made in a commercial kitchen. A local lady got into trouble for that, and if I am remembering correctly a church stepped in then and offered her the use of their kitchen

·
Registered
34,202 Posts
When I was a kid in California my Dad would have us get greens from the store garbage for the rabbits. The store owner stopped us because he said if we were caught he could get a fine. My Dad was mad, as he hates the thought of waste and the critters loved the greens, but our government is what it is.

By the same token the government is fine with the homeless scrounging for edibles (as long as it is not in store garbage bins), but it is illegal to hand out peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because they were not made in a commercial kitchen. A local lady got into trouble for that, and if I am remembering correctly a church stepped in then and offered her the use of their kitchen
Thanks for the color.

You are absolutely right on all counts. Common Sense has an ill fitting first name.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Once again, the bigger question about wasting food is "So what?"...If you do a little digging beyond the first page or two of a politically charged internet search, you'll see that starvation among humans has been wiped out. The only people hungry today are those with access to food limited by politics (war zones, Treehuggers preventing the distribution of GMO Yellow Rice, health dept regs as noted above, and such).

With 7.5B people in the world, ag production is enough to feed 9B-- and continually getting better. The agronomists tell us that even US roduction would increase by 25% (!!) if all farmers would adequately use drain tiles in all their fields.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts