Homesteading Forum banner

Why does DH's nose stop up EVERY time he eats?

6K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  strawberrygirl 
#1 ·
This has been driving him crazy lately..I'm not actually sure how long it's been going on but I believe it's been quite a while. Being one that has allergies myself, that would be my first thought - however it doesn't matter when, what or where he eats -it results in a completely stopped up nose every time.:smack Anyone have any ideas????

Thanks!

#28 ·
Hengal- I've never heard of that before. That has to be rough. Hopefully you can find out what is causing this soon.

My son has this, but it's only with certain foods. He cannot eat peaches, mangos, ricotta cheese, grated parmesean cheese, cheddarwurst (sp), and a few other foods. If he does, he ends up with a raging migraine and throws up. Sadly, the list has grown over the years.
Our daughter does that. I have figured out citrus and certain dye set her off. She eats, gets a migraine, gets sick, and then fine. I hate it for her.

#30 ·
I never would have thought that.

Hengal I hope can find some answers and soon.
I looked at him funny when he first told me what his Dr said. It makes sense though. The reflux, along with the irritation, travels all the way up to the nasal/sinus area and causes the congestion.

My dh was on the usual meds for it but nothing helped. Then I read an article somewhere that said camomile tea helped eased the symptoms, and you know what? It worked! It took a couple of days before he noticed a difference, and you have to keep it up, but it definitely helped. Dh drinks 1 or 2 cups in the evening after dinner. I think it relaxes the stomach, esophagus, and sinuses. At least I think that's what I read. It also helps with irritation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.