What is the average cost of a Nubian

Discussion in 'Goats' started by simka2, Oct 18, 2011.

1. simka2

simka2 Well-Known Member

Doe in milk? What would you except to pay? Ball parks are good! :thumb:

2. R.Adams

R.Adams Well-Known Member

I think some of it depends on whether its in the spring in milk or in the fall/winter in milk. Expect to pay alot more in the fall/winter than spring. I would expect to pay minimum of $300-$500 this time of year for a health one in milk depending on quantitiy milking and whether its a first freshener or older doe.

3. LoneStrChic23

LoneStrChic23 Well-Known Member Supporter

Would depend on the goat......

What us the breeding?

Udder quality?

Current documented health test?

Disbudded or horned?

I've seen some Nubians I wouldn't pay $100 for & some worth 5 times that easily.

4. yarrow

yarrow Ages Ago Acres Nubians Supporter

I rarely have milkers for sale... but when I do.. they avg. $350 to $400.. (that's for a ADGA reg. Purebred nubian doe..Easy to milk, with good manners...disbudded of course....CAE neg ( annual herd wide test results available for viewing).. CL free (again herd wide) and since I have nubians.... G6S Normal (the entire herd was tested for G6S back in Aug)..The demand for milkers, esp. in the fall is crazy... I get requests at least once a week (sometimes several in a day from folks looking for does in milk)...

BUT.. I get very emotionally attached to my does, so almost all of my sells are spring kids & FF... so each year, I end up keeping fewer kids then I would like to.. just so I don't have to sell any of my *friends* LOL

susie, mo ozarks

5. Creamers

Creamers Lucas Farm & WV Raw Milk

I don't ever sell milkers, but to get a nice quality doe, expect
    AT least.

6. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

I would expect to pay at least $350 for a doe in milk. As noted, it depends on the bloodlines and such.

I don't require a pretty goat, but one with a good bag and great milk? Expect in the $400 range.

You may be better off with a bottle baby, for which you can expect to pay about half that price.