We close THIS WEEK!!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by texastami, Apr 28, 2013.

1. texastami

texastami Zone 7B Supporter

I am over the moon!!

I am so excited.... and so scared! First time homebuyer here and while all has gone perfectly ----- inspection was great... appraisal was $15K higher than we are paying..... I am nervous....... sweaty palms, heart racing, euphoric feeling but also nauseous...

The seller was gracious enough to let us have access to the backyard (entirely fenced and locked) on April 9th..... and we have done all the outside stuff.. fenced a garden area, built and filled garden beds... put all our fruit trees and bushes in the ground... built my rabbit/chicken pens.... planted all our rose bushes and created a bamboo privacy fence... we have also moved over alot of the backyard stuff and stowed it in the fenced (blocked from public view) area.... We just moved the greenhouse over yesterday... got the opportunity to scrub all the panels and reinstall them!! :) Moved over 15 feed bags full of rabbit compost and have about 30 more to go!

We have a 5 year old blueberry bush out front that produces 5 gallons a year!! YUMMMY!! :) The tulips, iris, and daylilies have all been transplanted... we have added a dwarf fiji apple tree, a dwarf comice pear tree... blackberries, raspberries, gooseberries... now all we need is a plum and a cherry tree!! :)

We have had since April 9th to do all this... and I swear we have invested 100 man hours just in this portion of the move.... Things that took me 4 years to accomplish here are done in 3 weeks.... I can't wait to wake up and have coffee on my patio and watch the chickens and hear the birds...

We have 53 baby bunnies under 6 weeks... along with 13 adults... and 8 chickens to move.... 25 pigeons and 6 snakes & 4 dogs, 3 cats and a household and storage unit and 8 people to move next week.....

The smartest thing is that we went ahead and paid our rent for May so I have all month to clean and move.....

The thought is overwhelming but it is such a good feeling!! I have been exhausted for 3 weeks... but its soooooo worth every ache and pain! :)

2. Tiempo

Tiempo Moderator Staff Member

Congrats!

cathleenc likes this.

3. salmonslayer

salmonslayer Well-Known Member Supporter

Your enthusiasm and your post made me smile...good job and congrats.

Sawmill Jim and Mme_Pickles like this.
  4. Sawmill Jim

Sawmill Jim Well-Known Member

Yep me too i kind of remember my first house back around 69 :bow:And for my quick thinking friends that was 1969 not 1869 :croc:

5. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate Supporter

so very happy for you. What you've done sounds as if the new place is going to be terriffic!

6. kasilofhome

kasilofhome Well-Known Member

Proof your doc's-
    make sure you know if there is a penalty fee for prepaying the loan (if you have one)
    If you get a verbal that there is no penalty for prepaying have it shown to you.

Ask your restate person for a copy of the closing doc's to proof and read ---alone and in peace (have a note pad for any questions) --remember now is the time to show that you are smarter than a Congress man--read and know what is in it. Plats are good reading too. Keep copies of plats and or as builts handy for years to come.

Breath and congrates ENJOY

Mme_Pickles likes this.
  7. Molly Mckee

Molly Mckee Well-Known Member Supporter

Good thing come to those who wait. You've worked hard for this. Congratulations!!!

8. mamita

mamita Well-Known Member Supporter

I love reading about it all! how exciting!! CONGRATS! :) (and wow..you got so much done already that I feel like a supremo slacker!)

9. Yvonne's hubby

Yvonne's hubby Murphy was an optimist ;) Staff Member

Congrats! Sounds like you are making a bit of progress! :)

10. Melissa

Melissa member

Wow! Can't wait to hear everything you do at the new place. I know it has been a long time coming, but you have always stayed so positive. Congratulations!

11. farmgal

farmgal Well-Known Member Supporter

I remember that day, like it was yesterday. Congratulations, what a great feeling !

I bought an old dairy farm, 75 acres. single mom with 2 sons, 9 and 2 years old in tow. we got our keys on December 23, what a wonderful Christmas present to us. We were stuck in a trashy city home for 6 years prior, uhgg. That easter I hid the eggs in real nests for the kids to find...By spring we had baby goats, hens and chicks, a mini horse and a few good riding horses. The boys joined 4H showing horses, raising hogs and the rest is history...lol

12. Tricky Grama

Tricky Grama Well-Known Member

Aw, just great! Congrats!

Patty

13. pistolsmom

pistolsmom Well-Known Member

Congrats and remember to post pics!!

14. standles

standles Well-Known Member

Great news. Sounds like your on cloud nine. Keep up the energy and enthusiasm. It is infectious

Steven

15. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

May your new home bring many many blessings! sis

16. sheepgurly

sheepgurly Member

Congratulations!!! You sound so excited! Your new home sounds wonderful :) Doesn't it feel good to own your own property? We scrimped and saved for over 5 years to get our farm (older farmyard and house but in good shape on a full quarter section (160 acres)). It's so worth it! What an exciting new chapter in your life :)

17. ronbre

ronbre Brenda Groth Supporter

very nostalgic about your post..when we had our housefire we had to dig up all of our trees shrubs perennials etc and move them temporarily..and then when our new house came in we had to re do it all over again..been there..no fun..but a big sense of accomplishment..we did lose most of our trees tho

18. Suzyq2u

Suzyq2u Well-Known Member

Congratulations :)