Water mister at Walmart

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Gill, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Gill

Gill Member

Thought I would share what I found at walmart this afternoon, to help keep the bunnies cool in the hot weather, It is a simple mister that attaches to your hose, it wat $10. My rabbits seemed to like it and it really did cool it down about 20 degrees. They are in the fan section.

2. Spinner

Spinner Well-Known Member

Is that the little hose mister that comes curled in a spiral about 5" long and stretches out to about 18 inches? I've bought 3 of them. None worked longer than a few days (yeah, it seems like Murphy lives here... LOL). Actually I think there are small amounts of shale that come up in the water and clogs them. For some reason the metal mist heads don't clog so I ended up buying the mist heads from ACE hardware. I got the connections to make it fit the end of a water hose. The whole setup cost me under 5 bucks, (that was last year, prices have been jumping in leaps and bounds since then.) I use several of them for plants and animals. My ducks love to set under the misters. Mist heads come in different sizes, I think they start at 1/2 gallon per hour and go up to 3 gallons per hour. I have several sizes that I use in different areas.

3. DrippingSprings

DrippingSprings In Remembrance

I just run several feet of pvc pipe with small holes drilled in them attached to the water supply. I keep 12 brood pens pf chickens that are 10'x10' cool this way